Equinox 800 wall charger with USB

TennBob

Will this work on the Equinox 800 /. wall charger with USB with a class 2 UL rated unit output 5v 0.5A is this safe to charge up the equinox? Safely without overheating your thoughts would be helpful on new equinox two days old

Will this work on the Equinox 800 /. wall charger with USB with a class 2 UL rated unit output 5v 0.5A is this safe to charge up the equinox? Safely without overheating your thoughts would be helpful on new equinox two days old

I personally wouldn't use a 0.5A charger. The charging circuit's cutoff regulator in the Equinox might not shut down with just half an amp, and over charge. A 2ma charger is what I use. I've used 1 amp chargers.

Here is the charger I have been using hope this is helpful. But when in doubt call Minelab.

Attachments

• IMG_20190210_085515.jpg
    IMG_20190210_085515.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 502

Your charger doesn’t meet specs listed here as recommended by Minelab. See page 8. Your charger lacks proper current rating.
https://www.minelab.com/__files/f/414877/4901-0249-6 Inst. Manual, EQUINOX 600 800 EN WEB.pdf

Some thing like this is handy. I have one. Cost me around 22 bucks at Wally World couple years ago. Remember with EQX 800 you have more than one item to charge. So this thing here handy. Can be used with other electronic gadgets too.
https://www.anker.com/products/variant/powerport-6/A2123123

RTFM and go from there

"any standard USB port compatible with USB batery charging 1.2 (BC1.2)can be used to charge your battery" (eq800 manual)

and

"a high capacity (>1.7A @5V) charge is used" (eq800 manual)

so

your charger of "5v 0.5A" is low but sufficient. remember from the docs "however charge times may be longer if using low power options" (eq800 manual).

personally

i've never like hard charging a battery with high capacity anything. I bring along portable batteries to extend life and give full on charges only when I'm not gonna be using the battery for a day or two, giving a rest after charge and a slow moderate easy ingested charge (to me) makes batteries live for decades.

But

I also come from the generation that coined the term "battery memory". . follow normal battery usage behaviors (never less than 1/8 charge and always go to full charge without interuption) and store for long periods at 1/3 to 1/2 charge. never let it deplete to no charge. luckily the eqX00 has a reasonably serviceable battery

the trick is

knowing the battery and treating as it needs and understanding it's full life cycle as intended by engineering design.

-TK

Back
Top Bottom