equinox screw or bolt

Playsndirt

Elite Member
Has any body either screwed or bolted the upper/lower shaft on the equinox? if so how and what did you use? and does it work?

Playsndirt --

Can you add a bit more info, as to the reason you are considering "bolting" or "screwing" your shaft together? I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish...

Steve

Steve, a few months ago i bought and installed a plugger shaft lock on my nox I installed it as per instructions and has work fine, but now im back to play in the the upper to lower shaft and the plugger shaft lock is as tight as I dare go.I cant afford buying a carbon one pcs. shaft and I heard of some guys bolting both shafts while leaving the shaft lock in place. just trying to get some input. Jon

Playsndirt --

Understood. I have an idea. Let me ask you a couple of questions, if I may...

One, how tall are you, and two, what is the length of your Minelab shaft, from butt end to the coil bolt hole, when you have the shaft adjusted to your preferred "detecting position"?

Thanks,

Steve

lenth of shaft/ how tall i am

Steve, Im 5 feet 7 and 1/2 inch tall from coil mounting bolt hole center to the shaft end by the elbo cup measures 46 and 1/2 inche. Is that what you wanted?. And approx., 7 inch of lower shaft still inside upper shaft.incase I needed extra lenth. Jon

Jon --

Yep, that's what I needed. I will send you a PM, tomorrow, as I may be able to help you out, inexpensively. I have one more question, in the mean time. Which of the four cuff holes do you use, for your arm cuff, if we call hole #1 the one closest to the butt-end of the shaft, and #4 the one closest to the control-box handle?

Thanks,

Steve

Jon,

I sent you two PMs. There is a 5000 character limit, in a PM, and I couldn't fit it all in one, LOL! So I had to break it into two! LOL! Sorry for the lengthy correspondence!

Steve

Back
Top Bottom