Another Dime Trifecta, Key Spill and More Silver

ChesapeakeTim

Recently I was invited to hunt a old farm house and was able to get some great digs. The house was built in 1902 and the original family farmed the 8 acres of land behind the house. Prior to that, a church once stood on the corner of the property. Being I love open spaces (hints to the recent poison ivy :lol:), I went right for the field. I didnt do much for the first hour or so, lots of pieces of a tin roof on an old barn that once stood. So that being said, I stayed away from low-mid tones. I worked my way further towards the house and the targets started picking up. I was able to get another Dime Trifecta...3rd this year, a pretty cool 6 Key Spill, A Eagle Button (would like to know more about it!), and another little piece of copper with a flower design on it...looks pretty old. And a first for me 1921 British Sixpence, 50% silver. Shame it wasn't a 1920....it would have been sterling if read correctly. All in all it was a great day...about 4 hours total for this hunt. Im going back again soon and I intend on working the area hard with all the piece of tin roof...I'm sure something is bound to come out of there :)

Now the not so good news, my CTX has a fault somewhere in the motherboard...im sure of it. It still works but I'm currently unable to hook up to my PC. When the USB is hooked up, the machine keeps Connecting and Disconnecting, Updating Randomly and my PC says its a Malfunction with the Machine. So I got ahold of Darin Brown at Minelab and I'm in the works of sending it back...10-15 day turnaround time. Sucks because I don't have a backup!

DSC_1310.jpg

DSC_1311.jpg

DSC_1314.jpg

DSC_1316.jpg

DSC_1317.jpg

DSC_1318.jpg

DSC_1319.jpg

Oddly enough that key spill is my favorite!!! How freaking cool. That eagle button looks legit too. Certainly old.

Oddly enough that key spill is my favorite!!! How freaking cool. That eagle button looks legit too. Certainly old.

Thanks man, I have to agree...its not too often that we come across key spills. How old do you think the eagle button is? I have not a clue haha!

Back
Top Bottom