AT Pro, Again Proved Itself To Be An Excellent Coin Shooter!

John-Edmonton

Elite Member

Went and watched the fireworks the other night, celebrating Canada Day! Lots of people sitting on the grass watching. I headed down to the same area the next morning for 3 hours, and got nearly all of these coins. I did find about 3 dollars worth the previous evening at a local school. Not too shabby!

Here is a break-down of my coin finds. And, also found this unique item. First I thought it was a small broken off zipper pull, but then a "GOTCHA" lit up? Weird. Maybe those 2 prongs are supposed to shock you? I tried that......no shock. Any ideas?????

Hit the river this afternoon for about 2 1/2 hours. Got drenched when a thunder storm blew by with a lot of rain. I got some more gold with my highbanker. (see below) and more petrified wood.

Attachments

• hb3.jpg
    hb3.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 488
Your Gotcha “whatzit” looks like a miniature shocker. No zap for you? Dead battery maybe? Did you Google it?
After the fireworks (in Canada) did you ever drag a wide roofer’s nail magnet across the grass to pick up pocket spills from all the people sitting and lying down in the dark, to pick up their “sticks to a magnet” Canadian coins?

Jim

I agree the Gotcha looks like a mini stun gun to me at first glance.

change the battery and put it up to your tongue like testing a 9 volt battery.. push the button and let us know. :laughing:

Great finds as usual and the flour gold never gets old !

Good finds all around! So did you use the carrot to find those coins? Got a easy method for that kind of coin shooting?
That Go-tcha thing is a Pokémon Go device. Careful! There may be a live Pokémon inside!

For a few bucks, you can get a replacement wristband and charger for your Go-tcha, so you can catch Pokémon(s) while out detecting!

Last edited:
Your Gotcha “whatzit” looks like a miniature shocker. No zap for you? Dead battery maybe? Did you Google it?
After the fireworks (in Canada) did you ever drag a wide roofer’s nail magnet across the grass to pick up pocket spills from all the people sitting and lying down in the dark, to pick up their “sticks to a magnet” Canadian coins?

Jim

I actually tried touching the probes on the underside of my fore-arms, then tongue expecting a zap! :run1: Nothing......Boring......

Good finds all around! So did you use the carrot to find those coins? Got a easy method for that kind of coin shooting?
That Go-tcha thing is a Pokémon Go device. Careful! There may be a live Pokémon inside!

For a few bucks, you can get a replacement wristband and charger for your Go-tcha, so you can catch Pokémon(s) while out detecting!

The carrot is fun to use.....kinda like "for my ears only" :music:. Great at tot lots and noisy environments.

Jim

I haven't yet, however, I sure would like to try that. Those cheap steel iron clad coins of ours! :detector:

coins? Got a easy method for that kind of coin shooting?

Well, beep dig first suggestion. :laughing: But on a more serious note....use a pinpointer and a screwdriver instead of a digger to pop those coins out as fast as you can, while using the electronic pinpointer to locate their exact location.

Below is a video to help with coin popping - "How To Get 2-3 X More Coins When MetalDetecting"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoLvboex7sM

Attachments

• a1.gif
    a1.gif
    106.4 KB · Views: 166
Back
Top Bottom