Equinox Wireless headphones tone problem

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
has anyone else notice the Equinox wireless head phones have a deeper bass response and does not report the higher pitched tones accurately?

It might just be me, with bad hearing in one ear. But when I use my iPhone ear buds on the 800 the high pitched tones come in sounding like high pitched tones, not muddled mid tones.

The same is true if I use the Equinox wireless headphones on my iPhone to listen to Pandora.

has anyone else notice the Equinox wireless head phones have a deeper bass response and does not report the higher pitched tones accurately?

It might just be me, with bad hearing in one ear. But when I use my iPhone ear buds on the 800 the high pitched tones come in sounding like high pitched tones, not muddled mid tones.

The same is true if I use the Equinox wireless headphones on my iPhone to listen to Pandora.

I think Ive kinda noticed the higher tones sound different on different modes, almost distorted or over modulated a bit. Is that what you mean?

yes, higher tones are not as high sounding as was on my AT Pro. They sound higher and more normal if I use my simple iPhone earbuds. It is not a big deal, just different.

Garrett Z Lynk's at half the price don't have those problems but not sure if they work on Equinox??

Garrett Z Lynk's at half the price don't have those problems but not sure if they work on Equinox??

You got that right! I ordered the Z-Lynk wireless modules from Craig at Show Me Treasure and they work GREAT! They work especially well with the Deus wired Backphones (about $25 shipped). I get clean crisp audio tones with that setup. I just shorten up the cord on the Backphones with a Velcro tie and attach it to the Z-Lynk receiver that's in my shirt pocket. I don't have a Nox but I use that set-up on all my detectors except for my Deus and CTX since they don't need the Z-Lynk. You'll probably need a headphone jack adapter for the Nox.

beephead

I grabbed my setup and i noticed no problem.. unless you are referring to the high tones sounded more like mid tones on other detectors you are used too? I get a very noticeable difference between mid and high on my setup.

In other words the tones on my setup are linear from iron to say a silver, but the whole tone pitch may be lower as a whole than other machines i have.

I grabbed my setup and i noticed no problem.. unless you are referring to the high tones sounded more like mid tones on other detectors you are used too? I get a very noticeable difference between mid and high on my setup.

In other words the tones on my setup are linear from iron to say a silver, but the whole tone pitch may be lower as a whole than other machines i have.

You'll never know what you're missing until you try a pair of wired Deus Backphones. They'll even better than Deus's full cup headphones.

beephead

You'll never know what you're missing until you try a pair of wired Deus Backphones. They'll even better than Deus's full cup headphones.

beephead

So you are using the wired Deus Backphones with an Equinox?
May have to try that...

So you are using the wired Deus Backphones with an Equinox?
May have to try that...

No, but my detecting buddy used the Backphones on the Nox and loved them. I use the Backphones on all my other detectors with the Z-Lynk wireless setup.

beephead

I use the FX-02 Deus wired headphones on all my detectors too. Even the Deus. Cheap, great sounding, and somewhat durable (for the price). Didn't use on the Nox but they have a 1/8" plug (deus, nox) and come with 1/4" adapter for others.

I agree. When I use 5 tones I set up my nickle range to 12, 13 and set the tone pitch at 20. For 22 and above I set the tone pitch to 25 and it's quite a noticeable difference to me with the stock wireless headphones.

I kind of like my NOX phones tone. I got a set of Gray Ghost Ultima, and a set of Rattlers I use on my other detectors. The GG's are loud but thin tone as are my Rattlers. I like a good full tone. But that's me.

I use the FX-02 Deus wired headphones on all my detectors too. Even the Deus. Cheap, great sounding, and somewhat durable (for the price). Didn't use on the Nox but they have a 1/8" plug (deus, nox) and come with 1/4" adapter for others.

Helpful - thanks

If I am cherry picking a modern park the Equinox phones are ok. If I am in an area where older finds are possible I will use wired "Rats" headphones. For me the Rats have the best tone in all ranges.

Back
Top Bottom