Kansas detectorists in the Salina, Kansas area.

Jason-NEK

Jason-NEK

This subject doesn't have a whole lot to do about metal detecting but might be of great interest to anyone living around the Salina, Kansas area in the vicinity of the tornado that touched down yesterday. Reed Timmer , tornado chaser and meteorologist from Oklahoma, has lost his probe in the Salina area around the touchdown point . This probe is a computer circuit board attached to a blaze orange parachute and was released into the tornado but never recovered after the tornado went back up into the sky. Reed said that he is offering $500 as a reward to the first person to find this board that contains weather information calculated from inside the tornado during its journey along the Salina stretch. Reed is staying in Salina today in preparation for tonights tornadic activity that is located from NOAA in Norman, Ok. If you find this board and chute contact me and I will get you in touch with him to get your reward money. Thank you in advance. Reed can also be reached on Facebook if you would rather report your find directly to him.

Last edited:
HELP! Anyone in the Salina - Bennington, KS area if you can find our scientific parachute probe that was carried within the wedge tornado yesterday, we will offer a $500 donation to tornado recovery charity and $500 personal reward!

This probe has a bright orange parachute (if still attached) and a green circuit board with white tracker attached as pictured below. It should be somewhere near the GPS location pictured here.

The probe has pressure, moisture, temperature, and GPS data at a rate of 5 times per second, which would be very valuable in understanding the strength of this tornado, amongst other complex findings that happen near the ground with such vortices.

Please DM me at http://twitter.com/reedtimmertvn if you find it! I'll forever be indebted to you!

Here is the reach out for help from Reed as it appears on facebook, and below is the twitter link to directly report to him if you find it.

Photo: HELP! Anyone in the Salina - Bennington, KS area if you can find our scientific parachute probe that was carried within the wedge tornado yesterday, we will offer a $500 donation to tornado recovery charity and $500 personal reward! This probe has a bright orange parachute (if still attached) and a green circuit board with white tracker attached as pictured below. It should be somewhere near the GPS location pictured here. The probe has pressure, moisture, temperature, and GPS data at a rate of 5 times per second, which would be very valuable in understanding the strength of this tornado, amongst other complex findings that happen near the ground with such vortices. Please DM me at http://twitter.com/reedtimmertvn if you find it! I'll forever be indebted to you!.

View attachment 219022

Back
Top Bottom