Wassat?

spittfire

Elite Member
Found these at an old migrant camp. Probably something to do with heating and electric. The small thing says wireman and the big one says Steel spindle. I am curious as to what they were used for. Thanks for looking :lol:

Attachments

• wassat0001.JPG
    wassat0001.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 140
  • wassat0001_1.JPG
    wassat0001_1.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 129
Spit

You're not getting rich from these 2 finds lol... first one is part of a flue for a stovepipe and second looks like a cap for a oil tank.

First one looks like a Damper for a stove/heating flue.

Second looks like a plug for a treaded hole in a 55 gallon barrel (Bung hole) ((snicker snicker)) :D

Maybe they where part of a barrel converted into a woodstove?

grabraham said:

Second looks like a plug for a treaded hole in a 55 gallon barrel (Bung hole) ((snicker snicker)) :D

Did you just swear at me????? They did look familiar but I couldn't place them, thanks for the info....I think!

Rusty......you can have them

CF.... if I wanted to get rich from this hobby I would be hitting the beaches and raking in the gold. I love the history of the stuff I am finding, even if it is "junk".

Spit

I don't think anyone will get rich from this hobby :) If I thought I could get rich from it I would quit my job and do it full time lol...

you know what is this,,its an old metal detector coil last used by somebody steped on a land mine he thought was a gold coin, sounds logic! right?my idea :!: :!: :yes: :bouncy:

Adam24 said:
you know what is this,,its an old metal detector coil last used by somebody steped on a land mine he thought was a gold coin, sounds logic! right?my idea :!: :!: :yes: :bouncy:

Hmmm, there's a thought:)

spittfire said:
grabraham said:

Did you just swear at me????? They did look familiar but I couldn't place them, thanks for the info....I think!

CF.... if I wanted to get rich from this hobby I would be hitting the beaches and raking in the gold. I love the history of the stuff I am finding, even if it is "junk".
Why of course, I do think your getting to know me :yes: I was going to say the first one lookes like somthing my dad used to beat me when i was about 30 or so :lol: And does the second one have threads on the back side if it does throw it away it could be part of a timing device and it could go off with any mailing what so ever, be very , very very careful Spittfire :roll: :P
tag your it

rustynail1 said:
spittfire said:
grabraham said:

Why of course, I do think your getting to know me :yes: I was going to say the first one lookes like somthing my dad used to beat me when i was about 30 or so :lol: And does the second one have threads on the back side if it does throw it away it could be part of a timing device and it could go off with any mailing what so ever, be very , very very careful Spittfire :roll: :P
tag your it

You are such a PERV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Back
Top Bottom