2nd sterling scissor handle, a GW, Randy's heart and Roger's tag...

Waveoff

Elite Member
I just returned from a quick evening hunt thinking it would've been cooler out. It wasn't! The yard I detected is one I've detected before where I previously found 7 injuns, 2 V nickels and a whole bunch of wheats. I went back over it today using the Etrac on manual sensitivity 22 and an open screen with the FE line discriminated down to 27. These settings have been finding me a lot of deeper, masked targets it seems. I also tested out my new Garrett Z-Lynk setup. I like the low latency and simplicity of it but I get a lot of static on high tones and when pinpointing. I tried different earbuds, headphones and 1/4 to 3.5mm jack adapters on the receiver but still get the static. It's super annoying and I think I'm going to send it back to the place I bought it from. Anyway, back to my finds from today's short hunt...

I managed to find the GW mixed in with a big padlock and some other metal bits. It sounded off like a silver half just below the surface and rang up a perfect 12-47 all around. The silver scissor handle is the second one I have found while detecting. I previously found one in my own yard a while back. The heart pin that says "Randy" in cursive is pewter I think. The round metal thing that says "Roger" is a doggy tag I think.

Thanks for checking out my not so exciting finds but it's all I could manage so far in this heat! Stay cool everyone...:cool:

ii6qiPr.jpg

sMaZMhk.jpg

tw9Ks22.jpg

Very nice finds Wave! I love the old engravings they did back in the day. Most people can't hardly write legibly these days let alone write in cursive.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Nice going! All nice finds,I like days like that.Not sure on the heart and Randy tho,whoever lost that might be light in the loafers .lol

Nice looking finds Wave.

Some of these personal items can be enchanting to us.

Thank you. It's always interesting to wonder about our finds.

Sweet scissor handle, and congrats on the Wash!

Thank you!

Very nice finds Wave! I love the old engravings they did back in the day. Most people can't hardly write legibly these days let alone write in cursive.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thank you! I love finding things with old script on them. Some schools don't even teach cursive anymore!

Nice going! All nice finds,I like days like that.Not sure on the heart and Randy tho,whoever lost that might be light in the loafers .lol

Thank you! It was kind of odd finding two tags with two dudes names on them so close together.:lol:

You get an attaboy just for going out in this heat, plus silver, I'd say you did pretty well. It has been too hot for me,. Going to try to get out this weekend, looks like its going to cool off a little. As far as headphones I use Deteknix lite. I got them last summer for the Etrac, they are alot cooler to use than a full headphone. They work great, no issues, and I've used them on the Equinox as well. I just got a set of wireless earbuds. gonna give them a try this weekend. Good luck. Mark

You get an attaboy just for going out in this heat, plus silver, I'd say you did pretty well. It has been too hot for me,. Going to try to get out this weekend, looks like its going to cool off a little. As far as headphones I use Deteknix lite. I got them last summer for the Etrac, they are alot cooler to use than a full headphone. They work great, no issues, and I've used them on the Equinox as well. I just got a set of wireless earbuds. gonna give them a try this weekend. Good luck. Mark

Thanks Mark! I hope you find some good stuff if you get out this weekend. Of course, as soon as it cools off some I have to leave town for work.

After doing some research it seems that a lot of other folks have the same issues using the Z-Lynk on Minelab FBS machines. I was going to return it to where I bought it from but the seller assesses a ridiculous 20% "return inspection fee" and also deducts the actual cost of shipping (despite free shipping) from the refund amount. Oh the joys of eBay...:lol:

Some very nice digs Fred, really love the Sterling Scissors Handle. Congrats on the GW and all the rest. Trapper

Thank you Trapper. It might be a while before I post any decent finds. Between the hot weather, hard ground and a busy life, my hunting will be limited for now.

Back
Top Bottom