Detecting a University, Part 2: Big Ring!

Jodo_Kast501

So I have continued focusing on this 100-year-old university that I have permission on. As with most places in the US, it has been hot, but I have been soldiering on. There are been fewer old coins than I would like: only five roughed-up wheats and two Mercury dimes. I think a lot of the old coins are buried beneath newer buildings and parking lots now.

I have dug about 750 coins total from the place (and 98 today), totaling about $55 so far (those numbers definitely tell you something about my old coin to clad ratio). I'm planning to roll up the clad I've found and buy an old US gold coin with it.

I have also found three silver rings, one of which I have already shown. The star of the show I found in the heat today: a beautiful 11.4 gram (.35 oz) honker. Weighs about as much as the other five silver rings I've dug so far this year put together.

More bulletins as events warrant!

hOIWwzLl.jpg

pxvPnrol.jpg

rb1k0NQl.jpg

EKjyN3ql.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty awesome finds, I really like the design on that ring! 🤩

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas special edition.
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring
Total clad 2018 - 45$

Congrats first on securing such a great site. You have a great honker on that big ring. Congrats on the the Silvers you already found and may the clad coffers continue to build. When you have completed the site it be nice to see all the finds from that location. Trapper

That's an awesome design, really nice and thick too! Keep plugging away at that school, has to be some nice gold there...

Is it a finger ring or a napkin ring?
Either way it's a beaut!

Back
Top Bottom