1st time out with my new Equinox 600

Happa54

Forum Supporter
My Safari was breaking my arm due to its weight so I knew I had to find something lighter and the Nox or Deus was on my mind.

I was on a wait list with my local MD shop for the 800 but a couple of 600's showed up. They called me and I went in to check it out. I knew that waiting for the 800 may take some time, and my arm could no longer swing the Safari so I pulled the trigger right then and there on the 600.

I went out this past Sunday with Jamflicker and Dan to a well known trashy park.

While they were killing it again on the silvers & wheats, I was taking a beating by the 600. I soon as I turned it on, all hell broke loose. Signals were coming at me like I was under machine gun fire. It was picking up every inch of everything in the ground at hyper speed.

It was difficult for me to get my brain to separate all the targets and tones since coming from the Safari, which is a much less aggressive machine.

I hit my bucket lister Injun at 7" and a merc at about 5". Got 3 wheats as well. It was a long day but it's all I got in addition to clad.

I learned a thing about this 600... Iron does not get in the way. In fact, you can hear high conduct targets sitting alongside iron very clearly.

Last night (Tuesday) I had 1.5 hours to blow while waiting for an appt so I headed out to a city park. I headed to a large old oak tree where people dump their trash into one of those large green trash cans. I knew there would be tons of pull tabs, screw caps and clad in the ground.

I ran the coil over the ground and of course the targets were screaming away every inch. I decided to slow way down and work each and every signal. To my surprise with the 11" coil I was able to separate 2 different nickels and pull em out of the ground. 12/13 is the magic number and cross checking in 5khz for similar numbers.

I'm anxious to get back out this weekend so I can experiment more and get good with this 600.

Thanks for stopping in and happy hunting.

Attachments

• 4-20180321_080228.jpg
    4-20180321_080228.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 568
  • 5-20180321_080234.jpg
    5-20180321_080234.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 566
  • 1-20180318_095604.jpg
    1-20180318_095604.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 551
  • 2-20180318_095612.jpg
    2-20180318_095612.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 569
  • 3-20180321_080132.jpg
    3-20180321_080132.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 550
Kurt in time and with the well earned experience you will be very happy with the new machine. Congrats on the Indian, the Wheat's and the Merc. Trapper

Hi,
What program were you running ? I just put a new Nox 600 together today. It is very different than My AT Pro so setting it up has me in a bit of a tizzy. I am sure it's a great detector , I just need to learn this one.
Bubbaron

Great EQ update !
Very interesting machine . Keep us up to speed as you dial that thing in .
Oh and congrats on the keepers and the good company .
A couple killers you hunt with .
,🤔

Nice job Kurt! Looks like the 600 is going to workout great for you!

TY Tom... I'll be working on it.

Kurt in time and with the well earned experience you will be very happy with the new machine. Congrats on the Indian, the Wheat's and the Merc. Trapper

TY Trapper

Hi,
What program were you running ? I just put a new Nox 600 together today. It is very different than My AT Pro so setting it up has me in a bit of a tizzy. I am sure it's a great detector , I just need to learn this one.
Bubbaron

Park 2. Just turn on and go. Adjust the sensitivity as needed.

Congrats on the new machine and some great hunts!

TY

Great EQ update !
Very interesting machine . Keep us up to speed as you dial that thing in .
Oh and congrats on the keepers and the good company .
A couple killers you hunt with .
,🤔

TY Dew. Yeah, these guys are bad influence on me.

I’m a newbie so no experience with any detector, Took my 600 up to the local park for the first time, noise cancelled and auto ground balance in park1 still got a bit of chatter, tried park2 and it seemed better, managed to find a nickel and 3 pennies all modern but kind of overwhelmed trying to figureout what all the sounds and read outs mean, I will figure it out in time by digging lots of holes lol.

I’m a newbie so no experience with any detector, Took my 600 up to the local park for the first time, noise cancelled and auto ground balance in park1 still got a bit of chatter, tried park2 and it seemed better, managed to find a nickel and 3 pennies all modern but kind of overwhelmed trying to figureout what all the sounds and read outs mean, I will figure it out in time by digging lots of holes lol.

See this link
Posts 85, 96 and 97
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=256654

I apologize Happa54 for barging in here
Just trying to help this person out.
The link provided may have other useful data.

soon as I turned it on, all hell broke loose. Signals were coming at me like I was under machine gun fire. It was picking up every inch of everything in the ground at hyper speed.

I had the same issue at first with my 800. Target overload. Hearing so many signals in an area where my E-Trac/Deus were virtually silent was a mind blower. You soon learn all those tones are actual targets.

I had the same issue at first with my 800. Target overload. Hearing so many signals in an area where my E-Trac/Deus were virtually silent was a mind blower. You soon learn all those tones are actual targets.

“Virtually silent”....disc applied I assume?

Back
Top Bottom