Another Equinox 600 Thread

Question --- will any aptX™ Low Latency headphones pair with the EQX 600 ?
I think the answer is yes but I'm not 100% positive . Thanks in advance for any info on this .

Thanks for responding . Maybe I'll get a reasonably priced set off Amazon and try em out , if they work out good , fine , if not no hassle returning them .

There are a few threads about wireless headphones on a few other forums. Some guys have tested atpx non low latency and reported good results with little to no noticeable lag. There are some ear bud pairs that are around $20 on amazon or eBay. If you want the low latency there are some ok sets that run in the $60 range.

There are a few threads about wireless headphones on a few other forums. Some guys have tested atpx non low latency and reported good results with little to no noticeable lag. There are some ear bud pairs that are around $20 on amazon or eBay. If you want the low latency there are some ok sets that run in the $60 range.

Thanks much for the info Wloch . I see a pair of atpx low latency over the ear headphones on Amazon that are in the $60+ range with pretty good reviews . I like the idea of over the ears for when I go to the beach , wet sand hunting , they should help keep the outside sound down a bit . I'll report my findings back here once I get em and try em out .

I'm a big fan of the xterra 705 and Safari, both impressed me. In my search for the perfect machine, I traded both of them away. The safari even found me my first mercury dime. I've missed the machine but not the weight of it. Now that the Equinox is here, I'm sure I'll be getting another Minelab, probably the 800.

Enjoy and happy hunting out there.

HDD

I'm a big fan of the xterra 705 and Safari, both impressed me. In my search for the perfect machine, I traded both of them away. The safari even found me my first mercury dime. I've missed the machine but not the weight of it. Now that the Equinox is here, I'm sure I'll be getting another Minelab, probably the 800.

HDD

Thanks HDD

Got a pair of Avantree 40 hr APTX Low Latency headphones on the way to me , should have em by Friday . From all I've read and asked around they should pair up with the 600 .

Headphones came this morning , which surprised me , we got about 8" of sloppy wet snow last night and I didn't think the mail would even be delivered today . I charged them up , only took about 20 minutes , must of been charged at the factory . These are suppose to be 40 hours per charge but I kinda doubt that , I'll be happy with 20 .

v1Zkvvg.jpg

Nice zippered case

bDIj2i0.jpg

Nice headphones , over the ear , nice padded ear cuffs , head band is padded too

1HtigNX.jpg

I grabbed to EQX 600 and turned it on and turned on the bluetooth/wifi and hit the pair button on the headphones and after a few seconds the Bluetooth symbol with + showed on the Nox . I put the phones on and there was sound . I thought for a second , could it be that simple ?? I turned the Nox off and the headphones , after a minute I turned em both back on , they reconnected and work just fine . I just played down in the basement due to the snowy slushy mess outside but didn't notice any lag , there was nice clear sound . I did get these headphones from Amazon if anybody is interested , they are ATPX Low Latency . Avantree AuditionPro is the model
I also saw on Facebook I believe another pair that Amazon also has , they are supposedly the same as the headphones Minelab packs with the 800's except they don't say Minelab . I'm not sure on that but they sure do look like em , Facebook says they are but you know how interweb skuttlebutt can be .
Miccus SR-71 Stealth

Any way the Avantree's do work just fine with the EQX 600 , so for not a lot of money more you can go wireless with your headphones easily :yes:

Last edited:
My final touch to pimping out my 600 , another idea from SavingThePast , thanks Dale ! My daughter has one of those vinyl printer cutter machines and cut my initials out of outdoor orange vinyl sticker sheet , letters are 1/2" high

EBzpSPF.jpg

Here it is applied to the shaft just ahead of the handle :D

uaCwshk.jpg

Congrats on the new detector. Looking forward to your reports.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Congrats on the new detector. Looking forward to your reports.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Thanks Goondock . I've only played in my yard a bit with it , snow is just about gone but suppose to get more today and tomorrow but hopefully winter will end soon and I'll get going with it .

According to a video I seen , these headphones are pretty mich identical to the ones Minelab ships with the 800 , and the claim is they work really well.

https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...&ved=0ahUKEwiLpfnD6P3ZAhXiUN8KHWBpDqgQ8wII9wM

Yes , from what I found when I researched thats correct , I was going to order the Miccus SR 71 but came upon the Avantree's for the same price but double the battery run time , unless you go with the refurbs on ebay @ $49 . The Avantree's pair up easily and work just fine , as I'm sure the Miccus SR 71's will also .

HDD

The Equinox is essentially the updated Safari, with modern features, including light weight and speed, so you are in luck. I think you'll like it (I do).

Thanks Herb, for the info on the Avantree headphones, my 600 just shipped yesterday and I will be trying those out soon. Good luck with your 600.

Back
Top Bottom