Depth on ace250

brooktrout

For you people that have the ACE250 or have tested it, can you tell me a little bit on the depth that it can reach, I I've read some threads on here saying that it doesn't that deep. For example, on quarters what's the depth? Coins in general really..... and jewelry of course!

Average max depth is about 6 inches. This can vary as with any detector depending on the soil. I haven't used the 250 much, it's the wife's machine. I have found that if I am getting 4 - 6 inches with the 250, the Explorer will get 8 - 10 on average.

All coins and targets will ring the same at up to 8". There is no drop off of target volume.

I have the standard coil on my ace. I have hit targets up to 8" with the sensitivity at "one notch below max" but that was with a wet soil. I have heard that the larger coils can go deeper. Is that true?

Thanks for the info!
Hey Tony, I've looked at your site(Is that your store?), if it is, you have some great deals. I don't know what is wrong with me but I'm already getting in itch for a higher performance MD! Don't get me wrong, I like my 250, I've used it about 20 hours so far......... it works fine and all.................but...........well.........I guess will see. :roll:

Some of the pictures you see are of my shop . Some are of shows I have done. I will have more pictures soon with some of my customers finds as well as mine. Also , I now have a customer support forum to answer questions directly.
:yes:

Cool stuff,
I'll definitely consider you for my next purchase, you offer all this free customer service already, sounds like a good deal to me! :grin:

I am purchasing an Ace tonight...I hope I have as much luck as just some of you...I have a question about legal places to search. I have heard that public places such as parks,fairgrounds,schools,public beaches etc. are ok to search..is this true? and can you suggest any others? Thanks, Miss Ellie

All the places you mentioned are usually OK. If there is a sign that says no metal detecting then that is off limits. check with your town if there are any doubts. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom