Do I have to reset E-Trac when>>>>>

dumbdigger

Elite Member
I just got the SEF 12x10 coil for my E-Trac. When changing coils is a reset necessary? If so is the semi reset going to work? Or do I have to do a MASTER reset and reload my saved programs? Thanks
DD

I will be interested to see what the experienced etrac owners answer! Im a new etrac owner this spring and have about 15 hours on it so far, I switch off between the 8x6 sef and Nel tornado ( the two coils that came with it, I bought it used) and I never reset anything...just swap out , turn on and go!! Maybe im doing it wrong? :?:

No..no reset necessary. I switch between coils constantly, with no problems whatsoever.

+1, I have never reset my machine when switching coils. I did do a master reset in the beginning as I'm the third owner of my Etrac, and after the reset it acted like a completely different machine! (I never did figure what they had changed or turned on or off???)

I have seven different coils and just switch out and go hunting ! I never ever do a reset unless something is radically wrong ( which hasn't happened yet, knock on wood) LOL

No reset is needed. This is a recurring question, so I'm curious WHY do you think you would need to perform a reset because you changed the coil?

I have had an Etrac since they came out and have multiple coils for it. The only time I ever did a reset was when I first got it and did something really stupid.:lol: Please don't ask me what cause I'm old and don't remember.:D

Nope!

Only reset if you make erroneous changes to the settings and don't remember what you changed.

Thanks guys. Sorry for the late reply. I did more searching and found Andy stating in a paragraph that he has NEVER reset his E-trac after a coil change. Just slap her on and get the goods.

Jason, I didnt reset the Trac after coil change nor did I actually think I had to.
Cant find it now but, remember last week someone on here saying never forget
to reset the machine after any coil change.

Went on a few hunts with the new coil. Then remembered that thread. So I started to wonder and asked is all. Thanks for the help.

DD

I just noise cancel and go after switching coils. Some people dont even noise cancel and swear better results. No Reset required

Back
Top Bottom