Garrett Ace 350...

dirtbikerdude

The 350 is my first detector ever. I purchased it barely used for $170 with the bag, etc. I also purchased a pro pointer 2 as well. What are my limitations with this detector? From what I can tell the 350 should not be used in salt water. But what about at low tide where the compacted sand is? I'm thinking that area would be a hot spot for gold items. Obviously dry sand and freshwater I believe are okay for the 350 as long as I keep the control box dry right? Any help for a newbie would be greatly appreciated.

The 350 is my first detector ever. I purchased it barely used for $170 with the bag, etc. I also purchased a pro pointer 2 as well. What are my limitations with this detector? From what I can tell the 350 should not be used in salt water. But what about at low tide where the compacted sand is? I'm thinking that area would be a hot spot for gold items. Obviously dry sand and freshwater I believe are okay for the 350 as long as I keep the control box dry right? Any help for a newbie would be greatly appreciated.

Congrats on the Ace-350!

Good machine, have found a lot of good stuff with mine.

The coil is waterproof, so you wont' have a problem getting that wet.

You'll have to ask someone else about the salt water hunting, but you should be fine in the areas you describe.

Good luck!

I would have thought someone could answer your question or had some input by now....

Back
Top Bottom