Batteries?

Wesb

I've heard some people say the battery is what causes the garrett pro pointer to act oddly. Several people recommend to change batteries. My question is does anybody here use lithium 9v and lithium AA batteries for their detectors and pinpointers? Or is the cheaper batteries a better choice? Has anybody noticed a lifespan difference?

Both of mine weren't too bad on batteries, but neither one lasted more than 6-7 months, before becoming completely useless. Haven't gotten around to sending it back in, and getting #3. Been kind of interesting in the new White's, just need to find a dealer that doesn't use PayPal.

I used a rechargeable 9.6 volt battery in the first one, lasted a month or so, before needing a charge. When it started falsing, I went back to alkaline. The second one started falsing about 2 months after I got it. Not to bad at first, just occasionally, not every hunt. Put a fresh battery in when it was falsing 2-3 times per hunt, but it continued getting worse. 6 months, pretty much every hole, and had to cycle the power several times. Garrett customer service is great, just not thrill I had the same problem, with the replacement they sent.

Think it's luck and persistence. You either get a good one, or you keep sending them in, until another satisfied customer story.

I've always used alkaline in mine. They last quite a while, maybe 100+ hours. If it starts acting weird, I put in a new battery.

It has had a little bit of falsing but always clears up. I've had it for a year and a half. I've found you have to keep cleaning off the mud that sticks, particularly from the tip-- that was causing falsing for me. So that depends on the hunt and how "sticky" the dirt and pebbles you are digging in are- and how conductive they are I guess.

I use alkaline on mine and never had problems with the batteries... If there was a problem it was the detector itself. Had it changed two times, now the third seems to be working for now.... As soon as I can I will get a whites.

What about in your detector? They say lithium holds a max charge all the way until it's useless. It just goes dead all of a sudden. Whereas alkaline as it gets older it slowly starts to die. In that period where it slowly dies are you losing power which equals losing more target signals?

cheaper is good

I found the old red black cat 9v batteries lasted longer then any other ones out there....can't find them anymore but I go with the low priced batteries, like how many ways can you make a battery....they seem to last just as long if not longer then some that cost so much more

I use Duracell batteries in my pp and md and even the energizer batteries have lasted for many hunts .
and I can find rayovac batteries for like 5 dollors for like 12 or 24 at times that not to bad and I always carry a spare set on my belt just as I would if I had the best high quality batteries money could by I would hate to be in the best spot 2 miles from the car and run out of juice lol.

but this is just my opinion everyone has there own good hunting and luck ,

Scott

Back
Top Bottom