Georgivs lll 1775

boxing63

Elite Member
I'm no coin expert but on the back of the coin the words BRITAN NIA and the date 1775, on the front you could see the face image, what is the value on a coin like this...:cool:

Sweet coin! I'm still waiting on my KG, but I just found a site that I *know* has one... I can feel it! Can't wait to dig one. Nice that you have such a clear date... Given corrosion and the fact in general that it's a dug copper, value is pretty limited when it comes to collectors. I could be wrong, but I would be surprised if you would get more than $20 for it.... Anyone else? Either way, it's an awesome dig, and I for one don't hunt coins for their value - you have a coin in your hand from the year the Revolutionary War began, and given the fact that you pulled it out of the ground, it's priceless! Happy Hunting, BB

I found the same one, except yours is in better shape. Congrats! Sweet find!

Sweet coin! I'm still waiting on my KG, but I just found a site that I *know* has one... I can feel it! Can't wait to dig one. Nice that you have such a clear date... Given corrosion and the fact in general that it's a dug copper, value is pretty limited when it comes to collectors. I could be wrong, but I would be surprised if you would get more than $20 for it.... Anyone else? Either way, it's an awesome dig, and I for one don't hunt coins for their value - you have a coin in your hand from the year the Revolutionary War began, and given the fact that you pulled it out of the ground, it's priceless! Happy Hunting, BB

In that condition probably between $10-$20. Mine was worse and I was offered $10. They just don't sell for that much in bad condition. The personal value is a lot higher!

If you put it on ebay for $2 you'd be lucky to get that and shipping. Way too common for most people to have interest in that condition.

Thanks for the info and good luck on that spot

Sweet KG. Like others have said they are not worth much but the rush you get from diggin up a coin that old up is Priceless! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom