Finally an old copper

cellrdwellr

Elite Member
Hey everyone, was able to get out last night for an hour before dark, and hit a nice old copper. Still working on identifying it and will have a close up shot of the bust side in the morning when I get home. The first letter on the left side of the bust (right facing bust) is definitely a G. But it doesnt say georgivus like a king George would. Right now I'm thinking a king william or possible william and Mary. Ill keep you guys in the loop ! I certainly won't get a date unfortunately. Thanks for looking and happy hunting!

Attachments

• 0829171919.jpg
    0829171919.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 291
That is what I like to call "BAKED"!! Sweet find though Jeff,I hope you can ID it!

Sweet find and can't wait to hear what it is. Congrats!

Interesting piece...with much curiosity as to what it is. Nice find anyway...

Awesome find there Jeff!

Looking forward to the update. Congrats.

Amazing how excited we all get over a toasted copper !!

Scrub a dub, what did you find?

Thanks everyone! She is definitely toasty but shouldbe identified. The reverse is completely smooth but the bust side has a few letters and a right facing bust. The closeup with my finger shows the G all the way to the left of my finger nail. I just don't think its a KG for some reason...

Attachments

• 0901171441a.jpg
    0901171441a.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 140
  • 0901171440.jpg
    0901171440.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 139
Love the in-situ picture ! However, that doesn't look like a "sand-box". Looks like terra-firma soil. What happened to the east coast sandboxes brimming with colonial coppers ? :?:

Back
Top Bottom