• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Water MD'ing lingo

Jason

Elite Member
In the General area there is a listing for MD lingo. Can we do the same here for water detecting? I keep seing "cut", "Surf Lane" and other words and I don't know what they mean. (yet)

Nitro is a fake diamond like a CZ

Lane is hunting the wet sand

Mine is hunting in the water

Nut is your finds

There are more but I don't talk water talk ;)

For me less talk... remember loose lips, sink ships :lol:

Greenies - are caked clad coins - which are a good sign when found because they have been there a few years and there may be gold around

Bling - most people know what "bling " is from TV - usually alot of gold jewelry - but TH'ers usually use the term when there are diamonds involved in the gold jewelry

Clunker - large gold ring - they clunk in the bottom of your scoop when shaken underwater

Honker - a huge gold ring

Cake coin - or crusty - usually a silver coin that's been there awhile and is caked in black sand and sediments

Cut - is where the tides and wave action have taken snad out of an area of the beach - they can occur in the dry sand, wet sand and in the water. They can be there one day and gone the next - * This is what you want to hit first - they can hold old coins and gold or can trap fresh drops.

Fresh drop - can be anything recently lost - most guys i know use the term in regards to jewelry only

Hole - (usually in water -may be left behind in wet sand at low tide also)- wave action and tides instead of making a cut parrallel to the beach - will blast out a hole or holes -* these can be jack pots sometimes - holding coins and rings. ( some guys call them troughs when they are big)

TH'er - I put this here because in the past some newbies have asked what it means - it's short for treasure hunter - just like MDing is short for metaldetecting

Newbie - term used for someone just getting into the hobby - usually has under a year of detecting -but a long time land veteran can become a newbie to water hunting and vice versa

Klondike- Large gold find

Ice- Diamonds

Had "The Mumbles"- Didnt find Klodike, Ice or Bling
on a particular outing.

;)

Cake coin like Casper mentioned or cookie coin which is the same thing.

Grill usually someones gold teeth.

Back
Top Bottom