Ever heard of a $100,000 door stop? Here’s one it seems

Very interesting, thanks for sharing. :thumbsup: Imagine it like using a wad of 1000 $100 bills as a door stop! :shock:

My brother was telling me about that a couple days ago. That's so so crazy. :wow:

I drive through that little town all the time! Well, heres to hoping one of us will find a big money Space rock like that!

Here's one that's worth $240,000: https://www.geologyforinvestors.com/john-reeds-doorstop-americas-gold-rush-california/

"It all started on a Sunday in 1799 where 12 year old Conrad Reed and some of his siblings were shooting fish with a bow and arrow in Little Meadow Creek, Cabarrus County, North Carolina. Conrad saw something gleaming in the creek and found a shiny rock which he took home to his father – who used it for a doorstop for the next three years. In 1802 John Reed sold his doorstop to a jeweler for $3.50. It turned out to be a 17 pound gold nugget that was worth roughly $4,000.00 at the then price of $20.67 for an ounce of gold and about $240,000 at today’s gold prices. About a year later, John Reed started mining on the property and continued to do so for several decades. The largest documented nugget from the Reed Mine was 28 pounds."

Back
Top Bottom