Sierra Storm, Downpour, Thunder, Hail....

pacer

But that didn't stop us from detecting Lake Tahoe, NV. Despite torrential rain at times, Thunder, Lightning and Hail, the likes I haven't seen in quite a while. We started out with 8 hardy members from our club, Reno Prospecting and Detecting Club. At the end of our time at the lake, there were only 4 of us left. Between the 4 of us we found 110 coins total, of no real value. Myself, I found 24 of the coins and 3 toy cars and 1 ornate metal button (pictured). One member found a silver ring and one found a bling ring. All in all, a great adventure and wouldn't have missed this outing for anything.

Here's a link for a video of some of the weather we were having: https://www.facebook.com/257744064352418/videos/236691437011096/

Attachments

• Lake Tahoe 10-4-18.jpg
    Lake Tahoe 10-4-18.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 279
  • Lake Tahoe finds 10-4-18.jpg
    Lake Tahoe finds 10-4-18.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 228
  • Lake Tahoe Button 10-4-18.jpg
    Lake Tahoe Button 10-4-18.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 223
  • Lake Tahoe Ring 1-0-4-18.jpg
    Lake Tahoe Ring 1-0-4-18.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 204
  • Lake Tahoe storm 10-4-18.jpg
    Lake Tahoe storm 10-4-18.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
Man I’m jealous your able to get over to the big lake so much. I wonder if I ran into your club (I talked to one guy out of the bunch, recall a lady was hunting too) at Kings Beach like 4 years ago (looked it up, Aug 3, 2014). I found a dang 18k ring that day!

I love Tahoe, water is so clear and the beaches are so scoopable.

Nice work getting out and braving the weather!

Man I’m jealous your able to get over to the big lake so much. I wonder if I ran into your club (I talked to one guy out of the bunch, recall a lady was hunting too) at Kings Beach like 4 years ago (looked it up, Aug 3, 2014). I found a dang 18k ring that day!

I love Tahoe, water is so clear and the beaches are so scoopable.

Nice work getting out and braving the weather!

Most likely was our club, were up there all the time and year round. Not unusual to find us up at the lake in the middle of winter and year round in the water. Winter time is one of the best times to detect the water as the level drops considerably. Should see the looks on the faces of people watching us as we search the water in our waders and winter apparel. They must think we're nuts.

Last edited:
Most likely was our club, were up there all the time and year round. Not unusual to find us up at the lake in the middle of winter and in the water. Actually, winter time is one of the best times to detect the water up at the lake as the water level has dropped considerably. Should see the looks on the faces of people watching us we search the water with our waders and winter apparel on. They must think were nuts.

Hope to run into you all again some day at the lake!

Hope to run into you all again some day at the lake!

GroundSweeper,

Your welcome to attend our meetings. If watch our Facebook page, we post our outings when we go up to the Lake. If you see we posted a outing, just give me a call and I will tell you were specifically we're going to.

Looks like fun even it did rain. If fact I dont mind the rain at as long as its not lightning out. I usually end up having the whole beach to myself as a result.

Back
Top Bottom