Big Golden Day with Silver & Ice too!

Saltshaker

Forum Supporter
So I headed back to my spot thats like a swimming hole and loaded with rocks and iron to run the modified AT Pro with my new all plastic swifter. This time it paid off!!

While working the rocks slowly and picking those repeatable mid tones and sketchy tones, I managed a nice haul.

All told, I got 14 coins. One was a wheatie and an '85 quarter with a hole in it? Plus a silver earring, a silver toe ring, an 18K religious pendant, a 10K Lion's head ring (was slightly crushed) with red stones in the eyes, a 10K ring with real diamonds and lastly I pulled this nice 10K chain weighing in at 24.6 grams!

Finally a great day after a long hard week of BS that I will spare everyone on. I'm happy but tired too! :lol:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 617
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 603
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 584
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 597
Four gold is a great haul. So... would you rather find that chain, or 12 two-gram rings in separate hunts :?:

R5

What a hunt!! One I'm sure that will never be forgotten! :thumbsup:

Fantastic hunt man congrats! :cool: You have figured out what an AT Pro does better than anything else, and that is it picks Gold out of places other detectors fear.

I doubt that 18k pendant was on that chain. So id bet theres a small 18-14k chain still in the ground. Hopefully its all balled up and u can find it next time?
Awesome stuff right there

Man! That wet work makes up for any kind of horrible week! Awesome!

Thanks Mud. It was a tough week of drama and this just made it all better :)

What a hunt!! One I'm sure that will never be forgotten! :thumbsup:

Indeed, it was really fun just to work one little area and have it pay off.

Fantastic hunt man congrats! :cool: You have figured out what an AT Pro does better than anything else, and that is it picks Gold out of places other detectors fear.

Exactly. The AT Pro really has great potential given the right conditions. This area was perfect for it. My excal never would have worked. It just nulls out everywhere in this spot.

SCORE!!!! Actually several scores! Great post! It's reports like this that keep my treasure hunter spirit going strong.
Thanks. Theres potential in many spots and it just takes hunts like these to really help keep people motivated when those droughts come along.

Wow, that's a lot of gold for one day! What did that gold chain come up as on the Garrett?
No idea since the AT Pro is behind my elbow on the straight shaft mod, shown here. I tend to go after anything repeatable but the chain was very scratchy. I almost didnt dig it. But I wasnt getting much at first so I went after it.

Four gold is a great haul. So... would you rather find that chain, or 12 two-gram rings in separate hunts :?:
R5
Tough question. I love rings and my buddies and I compete for the most each year so I would take the 12 rings...besides, some may have some good stones in them.

Amazing hunt, that chain has got some weight to it!
Thanks...this is probably the heaviest I have pulled so far.

About as good as it gets- congrats!!! :yes:
Oh yeah..This is one of my best in a while. Thanks.

I doubt that 18k pendant was on that chain. So id bet theres a small 18-14k chain still in the ground. Hopefully its all balled up and u can find it next time?
Awesome stuff right there

Maybe. I will be going back there this week for another full round of hunting. I also pulled a wedding band from there that was part of a set a few weeks back. So I am guessing theres a chance the engagement ring is in there too!

Back
Top Bottom