Hurricane Florence -East Coast

Surf Master

Forum Supporter
Cat 3 or 4 by Wed., heading for the East Coast doesn't look good , hope it washes out all the replenishment sand here , so much for bike week :biker::windy: next week we will know more on it's path , Myrtle Beach in the cross hair's . as member's get more information feel free to post it , keep us informed, Earl

Attachments

• P1010019.JPG
    P1010019.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 953
Last edited:
Cat 4 is not good new for anyone but crazy people and people that beach hunt. Wait a minute, they are both the same. :lol:

Yeah, you gotta be careful! All sorts of crazy people out there for hurricanes!!! :lol:

Attachments

• 1877_1504971186255.jpg
    1877_1504971186255.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 916
I do not like hurricanes that come ashore in my area. I was here for Hurricane Hugo Never again will I ride out a hurricane. Things can be repaired or replaced but I like living so I will let the wide streak up the middle of my back determine what I do. I have rode out a typhoon in the pacific and a hurricane here and enough is enough.

Of course some sand movement would be nice. Just keep the storm off shore.

We had 10 inches of rain in 6 hrs last week in my county. The ground is saturated. Sump pumps are still running. We don't need a hurricane.

If

It comes in land Charleston SC look's like the bulls eye, don't really want it up here, it's bike week, looks like hi pressure system will guide it in down South, hopefully it won't turn North in back of the High pressure system heading out to sea by than, what ever way it goes, they say it won't move out quick :shock:, that mean's BIG flooding , and storm serge , Monday we will know more .

Bermuda high is expected to build over Atlantic.

Gonna be tough for this one to turn North and go out to sea.

If it would slow down with forward movement, this may give it a chance to move more north as the high pressure area will out run it a bit as the high pressure shifts east.

I think we will have a pretty good idea of where come Monday.

North east US, ground is real wet. They sure don’t need a another rainmaker. Especially a stalled rain maker. Flooding could be the big story in the end.

Tnss

Hope it stays West, dont want it to come North, i will let you borrow the boat , and some scuba , and water detector for the event, :lol:, anyway i am sure we all will get a lick of this storm, they are still calling for cat 4, Monday we will know more, Earl

If we get any kind of extreme rain here in PA it is going to be bad. We just had another round of heavy rain last night. Winds? Trees will be down for sure. That means no power. As much as I would love a little sand movement this is going to be a horrible event.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/fl...coast-could-see-impact-this-weekend/828936319

Better hope PA doesn’t get monster rain from this.
Could be devasting.

Latest Euro model shows this thing stalling once it hits USA. If this happens I Ift won’t be the wind that does the most damage, it will be flooding big time.

What stands out about this storm to me?
I am a weather freak, have studied bunches and kept track.

The forward speed of 6 mph is slow for a storm in this region where it is.
Most like to move around 15 mph.

This storm is moving speed wise like ole Camille did.
For folks who remember her.

Last edited:
Tnss

Not looking good for bike week , no dry days, i guess some sand movement for O C is all i can hope for, its not looking good for the East coast, who gets the spear head on flooding, serge remains unknown.

Not looking good for bike week , no dry days, i guess some sand movement for O C is all i can hope for, its not looking good for the East coast, who gets the spear head on flooding, serge remains unknown.

I don’t wish no bad on anyone.
But PA folks would be better off as a whole is baby hugged the coast and moved up coast vs inland.

Looks like between Hatteras and VA and NC border for direct strike.
I will be watching strength to see how good Hurricane cente has predicted.
It may grow stronger than they have predicted. Sea surface temps are a blazing. And high pressure north of storm generally allows for some real sinking air aloft in a hurricane. Sea surface temps seem even warm east of the gulf steam.
Slow forward movement, if this persists it will take a long time to eventually strike USA if it is going to.
Best case scenario right now would be if this storm slowed down or would go stationary for 12 hours or so. Then it has better chance to turn more northward and spare NC and Va. still might cause problems in mid Atlantic though. Steering currents I think will become more unpredictable with time. No Low pressure fronts to help guide. I expect direct impact area to shift somewhat.
I guess it’s a good bet, no frontal systems expected to come out of the NW USA once this one this weekend passes.
So I think folks will see a ,lot of blue sky starting Tuesday. And it will remain that way until dreaded Florence nears.

We may even have a hurricane in Gulf of Mexico soon too.
Too early to tell though.
We are in the window of BIG hurricane possibilities for a few more days. Climatology speaking.
Take care Earl.

Btw remember wind speed data, a bit misleading. Forward speed is part of wind speed. So a real slow mover with 140 mph winds is worse than and faster mover with 145 mph winds.

Thanks

For the update Tnss, to be honest i hope it comes in land , as it will drop to a tropical storm, rain has saturated the ground here, i hope we can have a few days of drying out, before the storm, guess we will know more tomorrow , have a good night, Earl

For the update Tnss, to be honest i hope it comes in land , as it will drop to a tropical storm, rain has saturated the ground here, i hope we can have a few days of drying out, before the storm, guess we will know more tomorrow , have a good night, Earl

Night nite Earl.
I’ll bet stores in coastal NC are already seeing bare shelves.

Back
Top Bottom