anyone ever hunt Mohogany Bay Honduras

Gold Digger 2

Elite Member
I am going on a cruise next month and this is one of our stops,,,,,its a small island for cruise ships that is nothing more than beach and shopping,,,,looks like its gets lots of beach traffic,,,,My GF has already giving me the thumbs up for at this stop she will shop and I will hunt being we have other stops that have excursions,,,,,planning on hunting 5 to 6 hours,,,,,GL HH

Tim...

Attachments

• just-do-it.jpg
    just-do-it.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 214
Sounds like a spot that would get hit by the locals. Just do what they can't. Defintly worth a crack at it

Not quite sure about that,,,,,,I highly doubt that its gets too much attention,,,,its not an island tat people live on,,,,its a cruise port with shopping and beach only,,,,no residences,,,,,I am sure it gets some attention but it also gets more than one ship per day of 3,000 people that are either shopping or at the beach,,,,,:cool:GL HH

Absolutely! I have decided that it is time for me to do some traveling and see the world and HUNT while I do it,,,,,:laughing:just really lucky to have a girlfriend that loves the water and traveling,,,,,no, its not Julie whom you met when we hunted,,,,she is a great girl and we are still friends but she is just too young,,,,:yes:

Not quite sure about that,,,,,,I highly doubt that its gets too much attention,,,,its not an island tat people live on,,,,its a cruise port with shopping and beach only,,,,no residences,,,,,I am sure it gets some attention but it also gets more than one ship per day of 3,000 people that are either shopping or at the beach,,,,,:cool:GL HH

Good luck

I was there just last week. If you are going in on Carnival the beach is just a short walk down the hill...or you can take the chair lift. I was in the water for 5 hours. There were tons of targets. One area had a nice rocky floor so I spent a lot of time there. I only got 2 lightweight earrings that were gold and about 3 silver pieces. I also dug about $5 in quarters. Lots of potential. The security guy gave me the go ahead. He said there is normally someone detecting whenever they have a ship in port but it is a large area and no way you can even begin to do it justice in 5 hours. Good luck!!

I was there just last week. If you are going in on Carnival the beach is just a short walk down the hill...or you can take the chair lift. I was in the water for 5 hours. There were tons of targets. One area had a nice rocky floor so I spent a lot of time there. I only got 2 lightweight earrings that were gold and about 3 silver pieces. I also dug about $5 in quarters. Lots of potential. The security guy gave me the go ahead. He said there is normally someone detecting whenever they have a ship in port but it is a large area and no way you can even begin to do it justice in 5 hours. Good luck!!

Thanks Deb,,,,dang skippy was the answer I was looking for,,,,:laughing:yes, coming in on Carnival,,,,,,the pictures looked just like you said,,,,LOTS of beach and people,,,,,,glad you got some gold,,,,,hope there is still some left or new drops,,,,,,The idea of no real excursions and only shopping it looks like its a popular beach day for cruisers,,,,,,,Of course, I will share my results if any,,,,,:?:GL HH

If Deb was there....... leave your detector on the ship.:laughing::laughing::laughing: Dry sand Debbie clean up. You know that gave me a chuckle when she said she was just there last week Tim. Especially with her recent finds.

Dew

If Deb was there....... leave your detector on the ship.:laughing::laughing::laughing: Dry sand Debbie clean up. You know that gave me a chuckle when she said she was just there last week Tim. Especially with her recent finds.

Dew

Dew, I thought the same thing,,,,,The only way I can figure out how to pull five gold in 2 1/2 on our beaches is either a group hunt with 30 machines OR,,,,yanking them off peoples fingers,,,,,:lol:All kidding aside Deb I stand by what I said earlier about women make better hunters,,,,,,I am just glad there aren't as many women hunters as men,,,,,GL HH

lol well I can assure you those rings didn't come from Roatan! Here are my meager finds, minus the quarters. I sure hope all this rough surf is stirring things up in the water cause I'm ready to get in! only had junk finds since my big day last week!

Attachments

• 4.17cruisefinds.jpg
    4.17cruisefinds.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 93
Back
Top Bottom