Kellyco sale on the GT!!!!

If my truck didn't set me back so much I would pick up a back up as well...

sooooooooooo tempting,,,,if Christmas wasn't right around the corner, I would jump,,,,,I have seen the depth difference on Dews machine and soon when the waves are too big to hunt the water it will be dry sand hunting and they are also lighter than my excals

Just my opinion, but....

I'd spend the extra 200 and get a Safari (and some worthwhile freebies that you can always get a dealer to toss in).

Is the Sov waterproof? Sorry, but I didn't think it was.
As to the cost, you'll get a lot more than 200 in worthwhile accessories if you insist. (again, not the cheap freebies Kellyco advertises, but quality stuff).

If you really want to hunt the wet, I'd advise an Excal or a Sand Shark.

when I bought mine I paid less then that and it came with the last Minelab meter new also. And yes both where new from a dealer. suck that I did not give it a fair chance and sold it.:(

when I bought mine I paid less then that and it came with the last Minelab meter new also. And yes both where new from a dealer. suck that I did not give it a fair chance and sold it.:(

I know of one dealer that "currently" has (2) units available for significantly less...just not sure about the meter.

-David

Interesting, on the Kellyco site lookup for the Safari you come to this page. Scroll down and you see a photo of a guy holding a coin. The detector is an older Sovereign and not a Safari. :laughing: All the stuff Kco gives "free" is stuff you will never use on a beach hunt and is mostly just a lure to get you to buy. It is their gimmic. If they knocked off that freebie stuff and lowered the price a bit we would all win. http://www.kellycodetectors.com/minelab/safari.htm

Attachments

• sov_finds_2.jpg
    sov_finds_2.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 304
As to the cost, you'll get a lot more than 200 in worthwhile accessories if you insist. (again, not the cheap freebies Kellyco advertises, but quality stuff).

Do you think your opinion may be a little biased? :D

BBS technology has proven itself on gold at saltwater beaches, FBS has proven itself on silver on land. For all I know FBS could be hotter on gold, but I'm not willing to take the risk of it not being as hot as BBS on gold. :D

Not to mention you can waterproof the Sovereign for $100, and have a sturdier Excal with interchangeable coils.

I put my Soverign in the water about 2 times a week, neck deep! It cost me less than $100 and 1.5 hours to make it waterproof. For how and were you hunt, the Safari might be the goto machine, but I live a block from the beach on a island and all I do is water hunt,90% of the time I am in the water. If I relic hunted or was into looking for silver coins in a park, then I might go with the Safari, but I'm after Platinum and Gold in the water! And just for the record, I have a SandShark and it is sitting in the corner with water damage... go figure!

Interesting, on the Kellyco site lookup for the Safari you come to this page. Scroll down and you see a photo of a guy holding a coin. The detector is an older Sovereign and not a Safari. :laughing: All the stuff Kco gives "free" is stuff you will never use on a beach hunt and is mostly just a lure to get you to buy. It is their gimmic. If they knocked off that freebie stuff and lowered the price a bit we would all win. http://www.kellycodetectors.com/minelab/safari.htm

Is it just my computer screen, or does that hole look kind of big?

Do you think your opinion may be a little biased? :D

BBS technology has proven itself on gold at saltwater beaches, FBS has proven itself on silver on land. For all I know FBS could be hotter on gold, but I'm not willing to take the risk of it not being as hot as BBS on gold. :D

Not to mention you can waterproof the Sovereign for $100, and have a sturdier Excal with interchangeable coils.

OK, now I see. Going outside warranty and waterproofing/dunking the Sov. OK, if that's what you want to do. I misunderstood the terms of the question apparently. I was answering the OP by comparing dry land detectors only (as classified by their manufacturers). If that's what you want to do, then by all means Go For It. Or waterproof a Safari!!! (disclaimer: I have no idea if that's possible/practical or even desirable, but some folks like doing that kind of thing so I toss it out here). Just remember what will and what wont void your warranty when you go to tinkering.

I've used my Safari on the wet to ankle deep only for several years and found a pretty good amount of bling. I personally don't think its as good on gold as some other machines, but then again, I was answering the OP in regard to what $200 more would buy. I'm sure that there are other machines that are better in many folks' hands than the Safari. I'm not trying to be biased here- I firmly believe that 80%+ of successful hunting is using your machine to its fullest. I will not engage in some mindless internet debate on "my machine is better than yours", cause I really don't care if others are outhunting me. I KNOW they are and yet, my life goes on......

Best of luck to you all!

Honest to god, I dug a 3'+ hole cause I got a Safari silver signal on a beach last year. Finally quit when I decided if I wanted to recover it, I was going to have to get a backhoe onto the beach. My Safari has never lied to me about silver; the only thing I could think of was that a silver VW was buried down there somewhere. :yes:

Kelly Co has had these marked down for over a month if not longer. I think they are blowing out stock, the Sov. GT is discontinued.

The Sov GT is better on the wet sand than the Excal is... plus its deeper than the Excal... As to the Safari ..I don't want any detector that has a TID... I am a tone hunter...

Go with what the CT.PIRATE said up there ^^^^^

GT is definitely deeper than the excal.

Yea, that is one big hole. That is one OLD photo too. You can see it is a Sov Elite probably with a meter added. He is digging with an army shovel with no finds pouch. I was looking up the machine the other poster mentioned and ran across that. The Safari is probably good on the sand if you like meters. It appears to be an entry level FBS like "junior" that Max uses. The others are the Etrac and now the CTX. This is the first time I have heard anyone recommend that machine for beach use and wanted to know more. The poster appears to have experienced positive results for sure. I just do not like displays. You are going to dig it anyway and there is less to get damaged.

Back
Top Bottom