HH PI Tips Anyone??????

Waterman

I am land locked in central Alberta, Canada, now wheres near salt water and I just purchased a HH PI unit from Mr. Bill for use down south this winter in Mexico. Does anyone have any helpful tidbits on the setting up for small Gold rings & Platinum rings in the salt water. I hope to snorkel with the unit, not much in the way of wet sand, but you never know. Thanks everyone. H.H.:-)

I didn't own mine long enough to give you advice sorry Water... I will say its a deep sucker though :) Oh yeah and it loves eating batteries 7 hours is about max on them.

It will take rechargables but they will only give 2 to 3 hours detecting time.
Threshold should be set so its just audible and a slow sweep speed is necessary for maximum depth, but thats no problem in the water.
Pinpointing seems a problem for some so practice it on the beach first. Hot spot is just below and to the left of centre.
My main worry was always the headphones wanting to turn in on themselves when not in use. This strained the wires and caused problems. The later models have been modified to avoid this so if its a new machine you shouldn't have a problem.
Best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom