• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

RNB ML-3100 stopped working

IDXMonster

Elite Member
Running my EX2 today for 2 hours and shut off for a break. Would not turn machine on again,nothing. Got home and tested with alkalines in backup holder,machine is fine.Charged battery fully last night. Owned the battery 2.5 years but sits a lot,though fully charged. Probably has 2 full charges of use on it. I have not put a meter on it yet,as the meter is at work and I’m not. Putting on the charger results in green light immediately. Checked,wiggled,reinstalled,cleaned contacts,springs are straight and clean in machine.
Anyone have any ideas while I wait on a reply from RNB? I LOVE this battery and hope I’m overlooking something.
Thanks...

I have 3 of them and have no problem. When you get your meter check the battery at it's own terminals not at the point of the nine volt battery connector. I've had problems with a short in the thin nine volt battery connector wires in another battery set up. Sometimes those thin wires can't take too many charges with salt water/air exposure.

I have 3 of them and have no problem. When you get your meter check the battery at it's own terminals not at the point of the nine volt battery connector. I've had problems with a short in the thin nine volt battery connector wires in another battery set up. Sometimes those thin wires can't take too many charges with salt water/air exposure.

Thanks Robot. I took it to work and tested with my DVOM...12.13 volts. Here’s the weird part...took it home,put it in the machine and it fired right up. Huh? Is there a logic chip in the battery that somehow didn’t recognize a request for voltage? I’ve run the machine several times after that...no issue whatsoever. Could hooking the meter to it cause it to “wake up”? Joe at RNB didn’t have a clue,he was as baffled as I was. I was very worried at first,I thought my Explorer croaked. Then I was worried that the battery had croaked! It is without a doubt one of the 2 best things I’ve ever gotten for a detector,it is downright awesome!
Thanks for the thoughts,I’ll post back if anything else occurs.

Kevin

Back
Top Bottom