False Readings

Hey RGN. I'm up in West Chester. I'd love to hunt some spots down in DE. We're in a very good area, good for Rev War stuff and very early colonial. Any fields, farms, woods, old foundations are worth checking out in our area. I hunt Chadd's Ford now and then. Some of the first settlers were in Christiana, now Wilmington. Came up the Christiana and set up a f. It's in kort at the confluence of the Brandywine and Christiana rivers. Do your research. The Brits, before "Battle of Brandywine" marched through Del to get over to Kennet Square. Tons of history in our area. If you get some good fields, farms whatever, give me a shout out, love to hook up. The whole Branywine was covered with early mills. It's in part what drove the Lenni Lenape out. When I get a chance, I'll list some easy read history books that lay out the area history well.

Last weekend I got a similar type hit. I dug and dug only to keep geting a signal for silver. Finally at about 3 feet down I hit metal. As far as I could tell it was an old tar drum. Empty of course. But still had the lid on and rang as silver till the end.

Last weekend I got a similar type hit. I dug and dug only to keep geting a signal for silver. Finally at about 3 feet down I hit metal. As far as I could tell it was an old tar drum. Empty of course. But still had the lid on and rang as silver till the end.

Probably an old tar drum, FULL OF SILVER DOLLARS. Buried by the smith gang after they robbed the armored truck. The statey's hot on their tail. Probably threw their half dozen snub nose 38's in there as well. And a tommy gun. Just sayin.

Back
Top Bottom