Hello from SW PA!

Waveoff

Elite Member
Hi everyone! I've been lurking here for the past couple of months and finally decided to join after learning a ton from the forum.

I used to metal detect a bit as a kid with a Radio Shack Micronta 4003. I gave it up after a short time because that sucker was awkward, heavy and I wasn't doing very well at finding stuff with it. Fast forward to May 2017... I picked up a Tesoro Compadre and the treasure hunting bug has hit me hard again. I've been doing pretty well with it in the month that I've been using it. I've filled a quart sized ziplock with clad so far but my best finds to date have been a sterling silver charm (within hours of getting the Compadre), a silver 1943-P War Nickel I found outside of my church and an 1894-P Barber Quarter I found near an old house that once stood in an old coal mining village. I also picked up a White's TRX pinpointer last week to help me find stuff more quickly.

Some pictures of my Compadre finds in the first month of use... Sorry for the image quality. I'll take future find pics with a real camera! The old Canadian penny next to the charm was found inches away in my front yard. I forget the date on it. I think it's from the 1930's? I'm on the road for work currently and can't check.

Attachments

• image_zpsvtadejp0.jpg
    image_zpsvtadejp0.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 272
  • image_zpsol2dsqvm.jpg
    image_zpsol2dsqvm.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 294
  • image_zpsw66gkwjh.jpg
    image_zpsw66gkwjh.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 256
  • image_zpsg3xjud1f.jpg
    image_zpsg3xjud1f.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 262
  • image_zpshxntlfrq.jpg
    image_zpshxntlfrq.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 269
  • image_zpsuu5wviua.jpg
    image_zpsuu5wviua.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 314
  • image_zpsvydalzpa.jpg
    image_zpsvydalzpa.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 299
Whoa, good finds. Hope you continue to do well.

From another new guy, Welcome from Maine.

Back
Top Bottom