"Sweet" little Plat by accident

Arigatou! :D

Congrats on the platinum ring and the other finds!

Those are a lot pull-tabs, I bring all mine to the scrap yard to get a few extra bucks. If you've already put the effort into digging them up, so why not get a reward for that :lol: (For you, that ring was the reward :))

Congratulations on the plat it has alluded me so far glad to see i am not the only on filling 5 gallon pails with pull tabs

This is a lot of pull tabs? My next day's hunt (slightly trashier beach, but it did give me $15 clad and 2 silver rings) yielded almost twice as many of them. I guess I really should start saving them. I did just finally discover the location of the local recycling plant...

The worst thing about hundreds of trash targets is that because of my general lack of gear, every single one of those involves crouching and standing again at least twice. It's been a couple days, but my legs are still aching.:lol:

Nice find and love how you rechecked the hole and pile! Good job!

I'd say you're a pro in my opinion. Only those well versed in MD'ing check the hole after pulling out a target. Doing that is the way to find the masked items like your ring!

Haha, y'all are too nice. Truth is-- checking, re-checking, and triple-checking is pretty much the only way to operate a single-frequency machine on a salt-beach. It's all about trying to tell the falsing from the real signals. I've probably passed up a fair few real targets thinking they were falses, but I've dug more signals that were just convincing falses only to find nothing there at all.

Your finds with that machine amaze me. I am GLAD you are here posting and making a believer out of some of us.

It doesn't matter what machine you have or what you find. What matters is getting out and having fun while hoping for something wonderful. You are winning in all the ways that count.

I congratulate you on being persistent and having a good time while bringing in some fine treasures.

Thanks so much for sharing your adventures.

Arigato Scuba-san! I am definitely enjoying the hunt! And much of what I've been able to accomplish has been thanks to what I've learned here! :grin:

Before I became sort of an exclusive beach pirate, I used to kill it on the playgrounds and tot lots with a Bounty Hunter as well. Had tons of fun with that machine and it paid for itself in clad alone in 8 months. I used to love the naysayers on the Bounty Hunters.

Yep, the Bounty Hunters really have earned their stars. I researched for weeks before choosing my starter detector, and there's a lot of cheap !!!! out there that shouldn't be allowed to use the name 'detector'. But my TK4 has been a very sound, if basic, machine. It even disassembles and packs down pretty well too! Took it backpacking with me on a neighbor island over spring break!

Okinawa Japan + accidental plat = location, location, location. I would NOT be surprised when you start pulling out 1-2 of these per week:yes: If you got in the water with an Excal I'd say it was guaranteed!

Yep! Some day! I just know there's more treasure waiting for me, just past the water line. But...maybe not with an Excal (unless I find a pirate hoard first). There are a number of mid-range salt-water machines I'm eyeing with great interest, though. For the moment I'm keeping a close eye on Ebay while also working on selling off my best finds. :yes:

Great job congrats! :cool:
I had a pull tab masking a Gold ring twice already this season. When you find a good deep cut in my Great Lakes beaches there is 100 years worth of junk in there along with coins and rings.
You have to listen past what you initially hear, beachhopper.

Ahhh, good to know that masking happens to the pros too!

Thank you for your teachings, Irons-sensei. :bowdown:

great find indeed !!! my heart always races a bit when a ring comes out of the sand.... and those beaver tails... i see them as a good sign. where i am they are old... and if im pulling up old tails..im detecting where others have missed and there just might be something old down there that the sand has been hiding :)

good digs !!!

It seems I have much to learn of the way of the pull-tabs. I will pay more attention to them from now on. :yes:

TK-421 said:
I'll dig a foot-deep hole into the water and finally pull out that tiny broken-off curly triangle of tin and shake my sandy, dripping fist at the sky cursing the inventor of such an evil device. :mad:

:D

R5

Back
Top Bottom