Does it make sense to beach hunt in the fall and winter?

marro

I read a thread on beach hunting tips but I was a little unclear on this.
I love metal detecting parks and lots. I usually go early morning mostly to enjoy the quiet and well... not be stared at or (not to sound rude) but be left alone . I am always respectful and always politely answer questions but if I have to fake a laugh at "found any buried treasure yet?" one more time... :no:
Any way I can handle the cold but If I were to go detect at the beach in the off season is there still stuff to find? or have all the summer time detectorist's cleaned the out?

Thanks,
Mario SOcal

There is always stuff to find depends on where you live around here it does slow down but you have to be able to read the beach better and look at the tide charts and wind

Winter storms move sand. Always have a chance to find stuff. During the winter is usually when you see videos of guys finding coins laying there green with the sand blown from around them. I found a 14k white gold mens band just laying there a couple years ago. That's why it pays to be able to look at the ground instead of a meter. Using something like an MXT without tone i.d. you will miss lots of eyeball finds.

If all the summer detectorist cleaned out the beach, no one would ever find a corroded coin. Nobody finds it all.

Back
Top Bottom