Unusual ring

FoiledAgain

Elite Member
I love this fall weather. We had a nice sunny day with a crisp edge in the air, low wind, and calm sea. I spent 3 hours prospecting some waist-deep sand bars that lie over a harder subbottom. As usual, there were not a lot of targets, but I did find a neat silver ring that sports a small red stone and has two spinners on it (one silver, one gold). The ring cleaned up beautifully with a little elbow grease and Mother’s polish. I also found a toe ring that I thought might be silver when it came up in the scoop, but it turned out to be steel with remnants of a thin gold film. The metal/glass cylinder is an oddity that I’m guessing may be part of an electronic cigarette, but I really have no idea. Looking forward to some more great fall days in the water!

Attachments

• IMG_1491.jpg
    IMG_1491.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 789
  • IMG_1498.jpg
    IMG_1498.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 746
  • IMG_1499.jpg
    IMG_1499.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 742
Unusual doesn't explain it, but precious metal does. Nice.

R5

Very cool ring.
Bizarro but cool!
Unusual doesn't explain it, but precious metal does. Nice.
R5
Nice find- congrats! Always great to find something different for the collection. :yes:
When you want to be noticed, go bold.
What a shine, nice work.
Thanks guys. It's an eye catcher all right. The hammered silver makes it really stand out. It would be interesting to know the maker.

Not cleaned up its...:shock:..cleaned up it is one nice ring :dingding:, and great work on the clean up! That Mother polish is the trick!

Nice ring indeed! Congrats on your finds. It Cleaned up very nicely. How difficult a job was it cleaning it up? I have several silver rings I would like to do the same, any suggestions?

I find that ring to be beautiful and I bet would fetch a really nice amount way over melt value. :yes: Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom