Returned - Wallet

Numil

Elite Member
I had a couple hours early Saturday morning and went to a beach park early in the AM. This park is closed at night so I hit the beach about 6AM when they first opened.

I was scanning the dry and wet sand when I get a odd signal on my CZ. Stick in the scoop and out comes a women's leather wallet. Open it up and inside is a Canadien ID card from BC/Vancouver area, 4 Bank Cards and a combination of about $500 in US and Canadien cash! Was easy to figure that someone was gonna be looking for this!

Finished my time on the beach and headed out. Since its a pay beach park there's plenty of City and County employees so I ask for lost and found and get directed to a station inside the pavillion. The lady who lost the wallet was there looking for it and clearly upset crying and carrying on. She can't board a plane without an ID card not to mention the cash and credit cards.

The picture on the ID was a dead ringer for the lady standing there crying. I pull the wallet out of my pouch and ask her if this was her wallet. More crying only this time tears of joy! She's hugging me can carrying on that I actually started to feel a bit uncomfortable but in a good way.

She explained that she had buried the wallet while she was swimming to keep it safe. After coming out of the water it was just about closing time so she grabbed her items and started walking towards the exit. It goes without saying that she grabbed everything but the wallet when she left. (out of sight out of mind) She didn't realize that she had left the wallet until that evening when she tried to pay for dinner at her hotel. Too late to go back to the beach park as the beach is closed and doesn't re-open until the morning.

I'm just glad I was able to help one of the visitors to our island. Happy Hunting & Good Luck everyone

Good job. I once helped a vacationing couple from Utah who lost a valuable necklace on a Florida beach. People can feel helpless when they are on a vacation and run in to trouble.

Excellent story ! Good on you. I love those repatriation / reunion stories. An md'r came along to "save the damsel in distress". There's no amount of profit and dollars that can substitute for that human element relationships. Another Sherlock Holmes who-dunnit mystery solved by an md'r.

Wow, thats great. I've never heard of anyone burrying valuables at the beach on purpose, unless of course it was a pirate story.

Last edited:
Wow! Now that is a return! Hats off to you Sir!

:dingding: Even though there's no picture you have earned credibility on here over the years for your story to be believed! :lol: NICE JOB!!!

When I was 20 I had $700 bucks in my Wallet and it dropped out of my pocket while at a Donut shop.
I went to a job site an hour away before I realized. I immediately turned around and went back and frantically went to the counter and asked the Asian guy there if anyone had found a wallet.. he immediately reached under the counter and handed me my wallet.
Inside was everything that was there before.. I tell you I couldn't thank that man enough, as that was all of my RENT money and I would of been so screwed if I lost it.

So here we are 36 years later and I would remember that guys face to this day !!

Good on you buddy !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good job Numil... past 6 months I have found and returned 3 cell phones and 3 wallets I have found... all the items I have found in the street telling me the people who lost them left them on the roof of their vehicles. all offered rewards which I refused.

That’s awesome man, glad you were able to find her. I’ve been able to have that experience a couple of times now. Just recently I was looking for civil war relics around a river bank and saw the edges of a wallet sticking out of the mud. It was full of credit cards and a couple of id’s and license. My wife was about 50 yards away sitting on a rock playing Pokémon, so I walked over with it and asked if she felt like sleuthing. She’s like “What?” So I handed her the wallet and said find that guy. Went back to what I was doing and she texted me a few minutes later saying she was conversing with the guy in messenger. He had lost the wallet over a year ago and it had travelled about 4 miles down river. He’d already replaced everything and asked us to shred it. I was like, “Nope, your identity is mine now bi-ach!”....

Just kidding, we did as he asked. :)

Isn't our hobby really rewarding? It sure is in many ways. Thanks for sharing.

May the ring of gold be in your ears and its glitter in your scoop!
WW

Good job. I once helped a vacationing couple from Utah who lost a valuable necklace on a Florida beach. People can feel helpless when they are on a vacation and run in to trouble.

Its always great to help out where you can and it doesn't take more than doing the right thing.

Excellent story ! Good on you. I love those repatriation / reunion stories. An md'r came along to "save the damsel in distress". There's no amount of profit and dollars that can substitute for that human element relationships. Another Sherlock Holmes who-dunnit mystery solved by an md'r.

I've had a few returns over the past couple years and it still makes me feel 10 ft tall doing it. That's a feeling you can carry with you always.

well done!!

Thanks!

Wow, thats great. I've never heard of anyone burrying valuables at the beach on purpose, unless of course it was a pirate story.

Its not the 1st wallet I've dug up buried on the beach. Kids do it more than adults but still its done and when forgotten can lead someone to a really bad day.

Awesome story! Just cant imagine burying valuables to go swimming hahaha

It happens a lot more than you would think. bury it under the towel in the sand is a plastic sandwich bag... then forget it.. opps!

Wow! Now that is a return! Hats off to you Sir!

Thanks very much

:dingding: Even though there's no picture you have earned credibility on here over the years for your story to be believed! :lol: NICE JOB!!!

Yea didnt have my phone with me at the time. hit the lost and found before I got to my truck. Oh well.... next time I'll get selfies

Somthing so simple made the biggest difference in someone’s life,karma’s gonna be good to you.

Yea I can remember when I wished someone had come to my rescue a time or two. Just glad I could help out.

Any reward other than tears of joy?
Either way, nice job:good:

She offered but I turned her down. With all the commotion we had attracted a crowd and I was happy to cut and run.

When I was 20 I had $700 bucks in my Wallet and it dropped out of my pocket while at a Donut shop.
I went to a job site an hour away before I realized. I immediately turned around and went back and frantically went to the counter and asked the Asian guy there if anyone had found a wallet.. he immediately reached under the counter and handed me my wallet.
Inside was everything that was there before.. I tell you I couldn't thank that man enough, as that was all of my RENT money and I would of been so screwed if I lost it.

So here we are 36 years later and I would remember that guys face to this day !!

Good on you buddy !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great story SoOregon! Thanks for sharing. Its always nice to make the world a bit better. We've all been helped in the past even if we didn't know it.

Good job Numil... past 6 months I have found and returned 3 cell phones and 3 wallets I have found... all the items I have found in the street telling me the people who lost them left them on the roof of their vehicles. all offered rewards which I refused.

In the past year I've returned 2 cell phones found on/in the dry sand. A third cell in a parking lot. This is my 3rd wallet return, one found in a shopping cart outside the store, one laying next to my truck when I came out of the store. Like you, I dont accept rewards for doing something that is simply the right thing to do.

Awesome find! Awesome return!

Thanks!

That’s awesome man, glad you were able to find her. I’ve been able to have that experience a couple of times now. Just recently I was looking for civil war relics around a river bank and saw the edges of a wallet sticking out of the mud. It was full of credit cards and a couple of id’s and license. My wife was about 50 yards away sitting on a rock playing Pokémon, so I walked over with it and asked if she felt like sleuthing. She’s like “What?” So I handed her the wallet and said find that guy. Went back to what I was doing and she texted me a few minutes later saying she was conversing with the guy in messenger. He had lost the wallet over a year ago and it had travelled about 4 miles down river. He’d already replaced everything and asked us to shred it. I was like, “Nope, your identity is mine now bi-ach!”....

Just kidding, we did as he asked. :)

Another great return story! Thanks for sharing Bear! Always nice to know people are generally good.

It's so good to hear something positive ! God bless you man .

Thanks Soil...

Very nice Numil, right on!

Thanks Metal!

Isn't our hobby really rewarding? It sure is in many ways. Thanks for sharing.

May the ring of gold be in your ears and its glitter in your scoop!
WW

I've been looking but thanks for the well wishes Water! I'm sure a ring or two will so up sooner or later

Loads of good Karma for you.

Thanks TBW!

Back
Top Bottom