Parking Lot Gold

Cfmct

Administrator
Admin
Forum Supporter
I haven't been able to get out much but at least I am still finding gold... the earring is 2 grams found it when I was getting meds for my cold.. then yesterday after plowing a commercial account...a restaurant I plow..I got out to get a coffee and saw the crucifix sitting in the snow I had just piled up.. makes me wonder if the chain is in the pile.. the crucifix is 1 gram.. both items are 14k..

Its funny there are little bits of sand in the eyelet on the crucifix :D

This same account that I plowed I found a wallet the last storm and was able to return it to the guy who lost it... he was appreciative as he would have had to cancel a dozen credit cards... he didn't even realize it was missing until I returned it to him.

I have found 5 pieces of gold in parking lots now in the past 6 months... I always look for it.. my best find was that 7 gram gold necklace my wife took :roll:

Maybe we should have a sub-forum for parking lot gold ;)

Attachments

• 100_0014.JPG
    100_0014.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 795
Metal detectorists always looking down pays off! Nice saves! Get better soon!

That's more eyeball gold finds than I've seen than from a whole year's hunts from Earl. :lol:
And you get this guy too...:dingding:

I look down here and all I have found in the snow is a dime.

Very nice Craig. At least you are still finding the yellow stuff!

The fluffy white stuff is finally melting here. YEA. However there is still no place to detect. Going for a long drive on Monday to find somewhere I hope. Cabin fever is horrible.

Good eyes. Yes i think its habit now...... but those CTXs even leave me pennies in the parking lots.:laughing:

Get over that cold...... man seems like everyone i know has one right now..... up N. and down here. Hard to shake too.

Dew

Metal detectorists always looking down pays off! Nice saves! Get better soon!

When I was young about 10 my grandmother would drop coins for me to pick up so I could spend them... I wish I never spent that silver.. ;)

Lol, a sub-forum for parking lot gold :laughing:

Great job on the surface finds!

Thanks XTerra

That's more eyeball gold finds than I've seen than from a whole year's hunts from Earl. :lol:

No Comment :D

I look down here and all I have found in the snow is a dime.

Very nice Craig. At least you are still finding the yellow stuff!

The fluffy white stuff is finally melting here. YEA. However there is still no place to detect. Going for a long drive on Monday to find somewhere I hope. Cabin fever is horrible.

Bob.. I live on the gold coast of CT

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/feb/15/connecticut-gold-coast-life-afford

PI JOE found a gold bracelet that was over 40 grams of 14k a while back... my other hunting friend Robert found a crushed white gold 18k diamond ring with pink and yellow canary diamonds... its out there for scavenging..

Good eyes. Yes i think its habit now...... but those CTXs even leave me pennies in the parking lots.:laughing:

Get over that cold...... man seems like everyone i know has one right now..... up N. and down here. Hard to shake too.

Dew

Its mostly gone Dew... but plowing with my windows open when it is snowing heavily keeps me from getting rid of it...

Congrats , sharp eyes and awareness = gold HH

Thanks Ricki.. I have more gold this year from parking lots than I do water hunting :grin:

Nice find Craig! Looks like you will have more plowing to do soon! Hope there is more GOLD as well!!:D

bahahahahhahahhaha

Damn felix you beat me to it. Funny, I was reading and the first thought I had was Earl. :laughing:

Congrats! Still looking for that first parking lot silver or gold but last season I did find a ten and a one rolled up in a parking garage. I'm sure someone took they're keys out and didn't realize the cash was tangled with the keys. Good luck this season and happy hunting!

Something about that color us water hunts can spot a mile away..NIce save Craig!!

Some years back -

I was detecting near a popular night club for college age people. Very big parking lot. I see this old guy walking back & forth so I ask him what he's doing. Turns out he is not only getting his daily walk in but is going over the big lot looking for goodies.
He had been doing this - on an early Sat/Sunday morn - for many years now and had all kinds of gold/silver/money to tell me about.

Is there a club near you all ? Steve in so la

Nice find Craig! Looks like you will have more plowing to do soon! Hope there is more GOLD as well!!:D

Thanks Ron...

Good eyes!

Thanks Zee..

Congrats! Still looking for that first parking lot silver or gold but last season I did find a ten and a one rolled up in a parking garage. I'm sure someone took they're keys out and didn't realize the cash was tangled with the keys. Good luck this season and happy hunting!

Thanks Cellr

Boom!!!!!! :lol::lol::laughing::laughing: Good eyes Craig!!

Thanks Joe...

Something about that color us water hunts can spot a mile away..NIce save Craig!!

I'm always looking out for goodies that people lose Joe... I walk sledding hills after the snow melts because women have a tendency to take off their gloves and sometimes their rings come off during that process :yes:

I was detecting near a popular night club for college age people. Very big parking lot. I see this old guy walking back & forth so I ask him what he's doing. Turns out he is not only getting his daily walk in but is going over the big lot looking for goodies.
He had been doing this - on an early Sat/Sunday morn - for many years now and had all kinds of gold/silver/money to tell me about.

Is there a club near you all ? Steve in so la

I don't do that... people would probably think I was nuts or casing a car to break into Steve :D I do check out the piles of snow.. also check them out after they melt.. find good stuff that way sometimes. ;)

Must

Be nice, even find's gold without hunting, i here another storm is on the way Craig, you will get some more White Gold, your pockets must be over flowing from the last storm :gettinmoney: Congrats on the gold, happy :snowtruck::snowtruck::snowtruck::snowtruck::snowtruck: Earl

Nice scores! Gotta admit I'd be happy with those and day of the week. Although I think you wasted you $$$ on a metal detector. Clearly your showing off by not using one. But in your defense I have found more change walking from my truck to to front door of the store than I have found on the beach so I guess your still good.

Back
Top Bottom