Big Day!

FoiledAgain

Elite Member
My last 5 outings have yielded nothing more than a few dollars in clad, but today made up for it. Changes in the beach opened up some deeper layers where this honker was hiding, still more than 12" deep. A shade over 0.9 troy oz. of pure platinum :extrahappy:. It's somewhat scarred up, but that doesn't bother me a bit!

Foiled

Freaking WOW. I read the story, looked at the ring then the scale. WOW. That is a HONKER. :laughing:

That is a ring when you shake your scoop you heard thump thump, not clink clink. Dang, just WOW. Congrats, again. :lol: Craig, time for you to head out!

Wow that's just amazing! A friend of mine is a jeweler and he made his wedding band of plat. I don't think It weighs that much but its a good 15-20 grams. I was amazed how heavy it was when he dropped it in my palm! It rang up 12-42 on the ctx! WOW very high!

Wow :wow: looks like a giant washer. A giant beautiful washer :D
Congrats.:yes::yes:

Biggest plat I have ever seen. You found a monster right before holloween!!

BTW its not pure. it has .050 parts of other metals. But you found 1260.00 right there!!!

SCARY!!

Biggest plat I have ever seen. You found a monster right before holloween!!

BTW its not pure. it has .050 parts of other metals. But you found 1260.00 right there!!!

SCARY!!

Right you are, and I took that into account. 29.76 g alloy X 0.03215 troy oz/g = 0.957 troy oz alloy. X0.950 (plat/alloy) = .909 troy oz pure platinum.

Feels like a chunk of lead but it's a great Halloween treat!

Foiled

I don't understand why everyone here thinks this thing is so big? :?:

It has to be one of the smallest Platinum bracelets I have ever seen! :lol:

Awesome find!

Back
Top Bottom