Well, My beach is being destroyed...

Kingdoc

Brighton beach, Brooklyn, New York. Beach replenishment project.

I tried to MD about 100 feet from the pipe and everything sounded "wrong". I think they A) used salt water to wet the sand to help keep in in place or B) quite a bit of rust flaked off this old pipe and the equipment used to haul it in place.... possibly both. Either way, looks like its gonna be a few weeks and a few rainstorms before that beach is close to back to normal. I may have to move over to Manhattan Beach for a while.

{edit} this is not my video but it was shot 5 days ago on just about the exact same spot I hunt weekly.

You never know where that sand came from. Could have dredged up an old shipwreck. :D

You never know where that sand came from. Could have dredged up an old shipwreck. :D

Could be... I think there pumping sand from the far west side of Coney Island. The tides and wind carry the sand from the Manhattan Beach and Brighton beach along the south shore of Brooklyn to the West side of Coney Island. Google maps the west side of Coney Island and you can see what i'm talking about.

Recently my beach sponsored a Women's doubles volleyball tournament. Didn't find much that day as my eyes refused to look down but didn't mind.
HOWEVER they brought in sand to build the courts and in it was a lot of tiny pieced of rusty BARBED WIRE. The Parks Director went nuts when I told her.
Took me weeks to clean it out. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom