Awesome Garage sale finds!!!

Beefcake

Elite Member
I went to some garage sales the last couple of days and found some really cool things. The first things were I got 10 coin holder books for $1.00 Woohoo! But the coolest thing I got was this bayonet. It's a 1907 model Wilkinson British standard issue bayonet! This was the standard issue for WWI. I looked at it for about 10 minutes before making the decision to buy it. He was asking $50 for it, but I got it for $40. I don't believe I lost money on it and it makes an awesome addition to my collection of relics! Here's the pics...

Attachments

• books.jpg
    books.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 261
  • bayonet 1.jpg
    bayonet 1.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 259
  • bayonet 2.jpg
    bayonet 2.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 260
  • bayonet 3.jpg
    bayonet 3.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 247
  • bayonet 4.jpg
    bayonet 4.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 249
  • bayonet 5.jpg
    bayonet 5.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 253
  • bayonet 6.jpg
    bayonet 6.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 254
  • bayonet 7.jpg
    bayonet 7.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 260
Nice find, long enough to stab him and the guy behind him.
When I was a kid I found what I now know was a civil war bayonet in the basement of a long gone home. had it for months, who knows what happened to it, maybe left it in the woods later to be dug up by a metal detectorist.

I went to some garage sales the last couple of days and found some really cool things. The first things were I got 10 coin holder books for $1.00 Woohoo! But the coolest thing I got was this bayonet. It's a 1907 model Wilkinson British standard issue bayonet! This was the standard issue for WWI. I looked at it for about 10 minutes before making the decision to buy it. He was asking $50 for it, but I got it for $40. I don't believe I lost money on it and it makes an awesome addition to my collection of relics! Here's the pics...

I had one of those when I was a kid. I gave three dollars for it at a small second hand store. I used it for camping and still have a scar on one of my fingers from sharpening it.

I just saw one of these for sale yesterday.
He wanted $100.00 for just the bayonet (no sheath).
It was also marked 1907 Wilkinson.

Back
Top Bottom