Hurricane Florence -East Coast

Tnss

Hope the track stay's South West when it hit's land, and misses my coast line, I was cutting my grass yesterday , my mower got stuck, 1 foot under, lucky my neighbor saw this and towed me out with his jeep , we don't need the rain here, hope the North , and South Carolina's are spared, was thinking retirement once in Myrtle beach once, after seeing the damage after this storm , don't think i will think about it again, PS hope the rain doesn't hit you bro., Earl

Hope the track stay's South West when it hit's land, and misses my coast line, I was cutting my grass yesterday , my mower got stuck, 1 foot under, lucky my neighbor saw this and towed me out with his jeep , we don't need the rain here, hope the North , and South Carolina's are spared, was thinking retirement once in Myrtle beach once, after seeing the damage after this storm , don't think i will think about it again, PS hope the rain doesn't hit you bro., Earl

There are some very happy insurance execs this morning.
They dodged a bullet with Florence big time.

Thank God it wasn’t a Katrina. God spared you the wrath of Mother Nature [emoji1317]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its not over yet, the flooding from the rain, storm serge Combo , a slow mover here, Myrtle Beach look out .

Oh I agree not belittling the situation just glad to see it’s not catastrophic. Not good it’s a slow mover with that much water. Flooding is a home invasion I’m much to familiar with. Hang in there and keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone imagine if this storm would have been cat 4 or 5, and would have took the path and rates of speed movement Florence has indeed taken?

If that would have happened, we would talking monster damage, death and destruction.
And insurance claims, I’m not even sure they could have been paid.
Like bankrupt.

From an NCDOT report at https://www.ncdot.gov/news/press-releases/Pages/2018/2018-09-15-nc-travel-conditions.aspx...

At this time, drivers who would travel through North Carolina will be detoured completely around the state. If traveling south on I-95, the route around North Carolina will be:

I-64 West in Virginia to I-81, to I-75 in Tennessee to I-16 in Georgia. From there, drivers can access I-95.

This is an extremely long detour, but it is the detour that offers the lowest risk of flooding at this time. Please note those conditions can change as Hurricane Florence moves across the southern North Carolina border and begins to impact South Carolina

Tnss

Doesn't matter what Cat it was look at Florence, Cat 1 is making its mark, slow moving dumping tons of rain, the flooding is still going on, Creeks , rivers, all above flood stage, its still pounding the Carolina's 11 deaths so far, expecting land slides, tornado's , rain measured in feet, a bad storm, surge coastline still to come, not good. Tropical storm Florence moving West at 2 miles an hour, some places over 40 inches of rain.

From an NCDOT report at https://www.ncdot.gov/news/press-releases/Pages/2018/2018-09-15-nc-travel-conditions.aspx...

At this time, drivers who would travel through North Carolina will be detoured completely around the state. If traveling south on I-95, the route around North Carolina will be:

I-64 West in Virginia to I-81, to I-75 in Tennessee to I-16 in Georgia. From there, drivers can access I-95.

This is an extremely long detour, but it is the detour that offers the lowest risk of flooding at this time. Please note those conditions can change as Hurricane Florence moves across the southern North Carolina border and begins to impact South Carolina

Ill be driving down to myrtle beach this afternoon, does anyone know if all the roads are reopen again? Also did any sand move? Ill be there for 2 days trying my luck in the dry/wet sand. Then onto Daytona and Disney. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom