Got Some Gold, Got Some Coin

John-Edmonton

Elite Member

Loaded up my car yesterday.......warm day, new high-banker, need dirt hunting! Here's one of the places I hit. There is still ice on the river. However, I found a tiny spot where I could set up and try to get some of that gold colored stuff. :)

The only thawed out gravel, was someone elses tailings from last year. Oh well, better then nothing! The new pump worked, and I did manage to get a little gold.

Next, was a long awaited hunt, a real dirt hunt. Most of the grass in sunny spots was digable, so I managed to get some coin.

Here is a short (goofy) video of the hunt - https://youtu.be/9ZVD6h8u6PE

Below are my coins!

Attachments

• sluice7a.jpg
    sluice7a.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 171
Damn, that looks fun. Always wanted to look for gold.

Damn, that looks fun. Always wanted to look for gold.

Sure beats sitting in front of the TV. I am truly spoiled......a large gold producing river running through downtown Edmonton.

Below is an undated photo of how they used to get gold in the 1800's in Edmonton. Back in the old days, one could get an ounce a day!

Attachments

• panning-for-gold.jpg
    panning-for-gold.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 127

Loaded up my car yesterday.......warm day, new high-banker, need dirt hunting! Here's one of the places I hit. There is still ice on the river. However, I found a tiny spot where I could set up and try to get some of that gold colored stuff. :)

Been years since I've sluiced and panned. I stopped when gas raised above $2 a gallon... Never went back Too expensive to drive to the mountains. Sometimes though, I miss it. The solitude and the gurgle of the streams. Wonderful stuff...

Back
Top Bottom