Kellyco!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Multiple prizes with multiple categories is always a lot of fun! Things like best pictures, best video, best finds, best story, etc! The more chances you have to win the more exciting it is!

How about a "Train a newbie" contest?
Someone who has been detecting a while takes a new guy out in the field to teach him the ropes and make a video of this experience and show their finds.

We all started at one point and I think sharing the tips and tricks in person could be a great help to those who are kind of lost or just looking for someone to hunt with and share this great hobby.

The trainee get the benefit of hunting with a pro and learning, the pro gets a chance to win a prize and meet other people from the forum and hopefully both parties can make lots of friends in the process.

The pro with the most trainees, finds and video takes the price.

I think this would be interesting to participate in and watch :hat3:

Whacha think?

How about a "Train a newbie" contest?
Someone who has been detecting a while takes a new guy out in the field to teach him the ropes and make a video of this experience and show their finds.

We all started at one point and I think sharing the tips and tricks in person could be a great help to those who are kind of lost or just looking for someone to hunt with and share this great hobby.

The trainee get the benefit of hunting with a pro and learning, the pro gets a chance to win a prize and meet other people from the forum and hopefully both parties can make lots of friends in the process.

The pro with the most trainees, finds and video takes the price.

I think this would be interesting to participate in and watch :hat3:

Whacha think?

And of course only the trainee's finds would count and the trainer could concentrate on video and pointers. Sounds tough but would make winning more worthwhile.

So i am a member of a bands message forum. ratdog.org/community

they always have raffles. They open a raffle up. Each member must add his or her name to a list of members. then once the list hits a certain number, the person who started the raffle will use random.org or (cut numbers, and pull a number out of hat). that person "wins" the raffle. So in order to get into the raffle a person must just sign up.

I would go first:

1). nhkeith

the next person would "copy and paste all the people in the thread before his or hers" and paste it in a reply window. or use the quote feature on the message board. then add the next chronological number, and their username.

1). nhkeith
2). diggler
3).

So here are some examples of the raffles they run:

CDs of a live concert:
http://ratdog.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=281182&hilit=RAFFLE

Live DVD of a concert:
http://ratdog.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=280681&hilit=RAFFLE

Magnets:
http://ratdog.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=279496&hilit=RAFFLE

Book about the band:
http://ratdog.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=279336&hilit=RAFFLE

Another idea,
guess a price of gold on June 1 (or any other day) at the end of the trading day to win the main prize, price of silver for second prize.

How about the 'coolest or most useful modification' theme?
There's a bunch of gals and guys on here that think of some pretty clever
things to make thier hobby a better experience..

How about a monthly contest for a decent prize where either Vlad or Carol give KellycoChick a US coin type, denomination, and date of a US coin over 100 years old. IE: 1898 Indian Head 1 cent. That would be the secret coin to find for that month. You could even do multiple coins to broaden the chances.
The forum members would have a dedicated thread to submit photos of their finds and details of the hunt and recovery. If nobody nails it exact, then the person coming closest to the secret coin would be the winner. Contest would start on the 1st day of the month and end on the last day of the month. Only finds submitted to the thread would be eligible.
It would encourage some of the lurkers to start posting.

Jack from SE Virginia

Take a Newbie to The Park

I think that idea of training a newbie is a great idea. This forum is to share ideas and that is a great idea.

I live in an area that I never see another detectorist. I would appreciate the opportunity to learn from sombody that has a lot of experience. Even though I have a lot of hours detecting, I'm still a newbie at knowing the nuances of detecting like a pro.

How about a monthly contest for a decent prize where either Vlad or Carol give KellycoChick a US coin type, denomination, and date of a US coin over 100 years old. IE: 1898 Indian Head 1 cent. That would be the secret coin to find for that month. You could even do multiple coins to broaden the chances.
The forum members would have a dedicated thread to submit photos of their finds and details of the hunt and recovery. If nobody nails it exact, then the person coming closest to the secret coin would be the winner. Contest would start on the 1st day of the month and end on the last day of the month. Only finds submitted to the thread would be eligible.
It would encourage some of the lurkers to start posting.

Jack from SE Virginia

I like this idea allot Jack! I would add a category for a ring/jewelry find for those of us not in older coin rich areas;)

Dig the secret coin is a great idea... And for water hunters maybe .925 CZ earing or specify gold 10k, 14k, etc maybe with a certain stone or weight?

Since MD'ing is such a broad hobby, I like the idea of multiple styles of contests. I think the mentor idea that Vlad mentioned would be a great long running contest with a larger prize. I also really like Jack's idea of a secret coin contest for that niche of hunters, but it might leave out the relic hunters, beach hunters and clad hunters.

What about a long running contest like Vlad's idea that covers several months with a "big" prize, and maybe a single different monthly contest that sort of "fits" to one of the major types of hunting? One month could be Jack's idea, another month being the largest clad count (dollar or coin amount), another month being Civil War related (most bullets, best condition CW button, largest mortar fragment, etc.), while another month might be aimed towards the beach hunters and another towards the general relic hunter and maybe even another month aimed towards the European hunters with that finds the oldest identifiable relic/coin.

If there was a rotating theme, virtually no one would be left out. Some hunters might have to wait a month or two to let their talents shine, but everyone could participate.

I REALLY like the idea of the contest entries having to be in a dedicated thread.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Doug

PS - I really think that there should be a contest involving shotshell headstamps. :lol:

I like the teach a noobie idea............I need a mentor...:)

be careful boys, taking a lunitic to the woods contest doesnt seem quite safe
imagesCAW4L6E8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom