Help identify an cleaning process possible coin

scott1028

Hi there I found this today I believe it is a coin an i think I can make out a shoulder bust line but not positive I also need advise on cleaning
Thanks

Attachments

• 20190823_105244.jpg
    20190823_105244.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 226
  • 20190823_102054.jpg
    20190823_102054.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 227
Congratulations on your find. I'm sure it is a coin as in the first photo I can definitely make out the head outline of a figure, neck pointed to the right and face down. In the second photo not much.

As far as cleaning your coin, on this forum, first click on everything about finds, than to cleaning your finds. Lots of methoids and tips explained there.

I see your new to the hobby, welcome, good luck, and congratulations.

Don

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

No size reference here(again). Try taking a better photo, with lighting from the side, and a known coin next to it. As it is, it looks like a clad quarter.

He is new to the fourm and the hobby, "again", is not called for. Let's all use some class here folks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

I'm sorry I didn't do a comparison I am new to the hobby please forgive me!!! The coin is the same size as the modern dime of today I believe it's a Roosevelt deffinetly has the torches on the back however still can't get it cleaned good an no date readable!!!! Any tips would be greatly appreciated!!!

I'm sorry I didn't do a comparison I am new to the hobby please forgive me!!! The coin is the same size as the modern dime of today I believe it's a Roosevelt deffinetly has the torches on the back however still can't get it cleaned good an no date readable!!!! Any tips would be greatly appreciated!!!

If it's a Roosevelt dime, it is most certainly modern clad post 1964. Nice job finding your first! Dimes add up pretty quick. I tumble mine in a rock tumbler so the Coinstar will accept them without jamming.

You can Google "clean coin using aluminum foil baking soda." It is easy and not harmful being that your coin is logically not silver. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom