Great day at an old house!!

Bigbuck1975

Forum Supporter
Been eyeing up a house for a while now, so I looked up the house in the city tax database and made the call. Owner was hesitant because he thought there wouldn't be anything there. After a bit of talking he agreed to let me detect. Had high hopes for the house and it didn't disappoint. Ended up with a dozen indian head cents, 32 wheats, and 9 silver on 2.5 hours!! I told the owner he could take what he wanted for letting me detect and he took the wheats, Indians, and 2 small silver rings. Oldest indian was 1870 which is a bummer but at least I got the chance to detect.

Here is the pic of the silver!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 678
That was a great hunt! Sorry to hear that the owner took you up on the offer to take what he wanted!

Would be tough to give up 12 IH's but would be great to find a yard like that.
Congrats on some nice finds.

No worries on the wheats and Indians and rings. I would have been happy getting 2 silvers. He invited me back and I only covered about 70% of the yard and haven't touched the curb strip.

Congrats!!! A dozen indians in one yard? That's awesome!!! And all that silver... awesome hunt... wish I had a yard like that!:D

Don't feel so bad. Of the 30 Silver this season I only have 15 in my possession due to the same thing. Karma will come back around for you on that one. I willingly gave up my first seated dime because it was the same year the house was built by her grandfather. The lady cried, I got a big hug because she kept saying "I can't take it, it is the first one you ever dug". Needless to say, I still detect the property and she has the dime framed with a SUPER blown up picture of it next to a photo of her grandfather. Pretty cool and I get a kick seeing how proud she is of it.

Epic hunt you landed on. Think what a few more hours will get you!

Amazing hunt! I don't know if I could handle a day like that. Giving away a dozen Indians would've crushed me. Nice work! Are my eyes deceiving me or is that Rosie on the left say '65?

Amazing hunt! I don't know if I could handle a day like that. Giving away a dozen Indians would've crushed me. Nice work! Are my eyes deceiving me or is that Rosie on the left say '65?

64 is what I see. That smudge elongated the bottom of the 4 making it look like a 5.

Been eyeing up a house for a while now, so I looked up the house in the city tax database and made the call. Owner was hesitant because he thought there wouldn't be anything there. After a bit of talking he agreed to let me detect. Had high hopes for the house and it didn't disappoint. Ended up with a dozen indian head cents, 32 wheats, and 9 silver on 2.5 hours!! I told the owner he could take what he wanted for letting me detect and he took the wheats, Indians, and 2 small silver rings. Oldest indian was 1870 which is a bummer but at least I got the chance to detect.

Here is the pic of the silver!!

I would invite him to come on the second hunt so he can at least help dig.
Who knows, he may enjoy it, and join the hobby!

That was nice of you to offer up the finds, but you gotta stash some of the good stuff away in your pocket. He don't need to know that you found 12 IH's instead of 3.

Back
Top Bottom