Post your best find ever!

image.jpg
1926 class ring, 17.1 grams of 12k. Root grew through it and broke it in half. Found with my first detector, a $99 Bounty Hunter. Needless to say after I got a $320 check from ARA I upgraded to an AT Pro.

Found this guy almost 3 years ago. Not sure how it ended up 50 feet from the Ohio River in a crop field.

Attachments

• Pillar1.jpg
    Pillar1.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,804
  • Pillar2.jpg
    Pillar2.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 1,795
View attachment 284848
1926 class ring, 17.1 grams of 12k. Root grew through it and broke it in half. Found with my first detector, a $99 Bounty Hunter. Needless to say after I got a $320 check from ARA I upgraded to an AT Pro.

that is too awesome. What a way to upgrade :)

Found this guy almost 3 years ago. Not sure how it ended up 50 feet from the Ohio River in a crop field.

Wow! she is a beaut. its so beautiful it almost looks fake. Congrats again!

So far this, and I don't know if it's anything other than a 100 year old sterling silver cotume jewelry ring...... :lol:

RingPolished_zpse25a6368.jpg

my best doesnt hold a candle to these finds, but is my all time favorite.

in a bottle dump, found a 1909 barber quarter on the surface. my all time favorite coin ever.

I think this is one of my neatest finds. A patchbox door off of a Model 1841 musket.

Attachments

• IMG_4707.jpg
    IMG_4707.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 1,667
  • IMG_0525.jpg
    IMG_0525.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,679
Mexican Biker ring

I suppose i could select my best find as the most valuable, which is a platinum wedding band that weighs 11½ dwt. But my favorite is a Mexican Biker Ring, it's my avatar. Mexican Biker Rings were made from demonetized Mexican coins in the 1930s-1950s. They are heavy, of Brass and nickel, though a few were made in silver. The favorite motifs were Indian chiefs; horses; and calaveras...skulls. The Indians and horses were usually painted with enamel. On the sides, they usually had copper shields, typically fleur-de-lis, but sometimes other things. They are collectible, and better ones go for $200-300. Personally, I think the one I found is the best sculpted Indian chief I have ever seen, with fine details, and the only one I've seen that has the full head dress and facial features of a North American Plains Indian, with buffalo shields on the sides. The paint, amazingly, is still on the feathers. I cleaned it so that the bronze patina on the face remains, while the nickel band and brass table are polished bright.

It was one of my first finds, and I quickly sold it, it got a lot of interest. I quickly regretted selling it, however.

indianheadbikerringmexicantop2-1.jpg~original

front.jpg~original

indian-chief.jpg~original

BIKER25-RIGHT-SIDE-SHADY.jpg~original

front.jpg~original

biker-ring-rightCROPPED2.jpg.html

mexicanring25.jpg~original

before cleaning:

Indian2ringsv50-1.jpg~original

IMG_20120318_000711-1.jpg~original

DSC09897b25.jpg~original

I suppose i could select my best find as the most valuable, which is a platinum wedding band that weighs 11½ dwt. But my favorite is a Mexican Biker Ring, it's my avatar. Mexican Biker Rings were made from demonetized Mexican coins in the 1930s-1950s. They are heavy, of Brass and nickel, though a few were made in silver. The favorite motifs were Indian chiefs; horses; and calaveras...skulls. The Indians and horses were usually painted with enamel. On the sides, they usually had copper shields, typically fleur-de-lis, but sometimes other things. They are collectible, and better ones go for $200-300. Personally, I think the one I found is the best sculpted Indian chief I have ever seen, with fine details, and the only one I've seen that has the full head dress and facial features of a North American Plains Indian, with buffalo shields on the sides. The paint, amazingly, is still on the feathers. I cleaned it so that the bronze patina on the face remains, while the nickel band and brass table are polished bright.

It was one of my first finds, and I quickly sold it, it got a lot of interest. I quickly regretted selling it, however.

indianheadbikerringmexicantop2-1.jpg~original

front.jpg~original

indian-chief.jpg~original

BIKER25-RIGHT-SIDE-SHADY.jpg~original

front.jpg~original

biker-ring-rightCROPPED2.jpg.html

mexicanring25.jpg~original

before cleaning:

Indian2ringsv50-1.jpg~original

IMG_20120318_000711-1.jpg~original

DSC09897b25.jpg~original

Neat ring!

It's actually slabbed now by PCGS. Was just to lazy to take and upload a new photo LOL

Sweet dude! Still jealous on my end ;)

I think this is one of my neatest finds. A patchbox door off of a Model 1841 musket.

Neato! I love old gun parts!

Gold Hammie Henry IV

Gulp. Tell me, how long did it take for you to wake up from your faint after finding that?

That is one sweet ring man! Love indian rings like that!

my best find to date

found this in my 1st month of metal detecting . it been about 9 weeks now and loving it .........5.4 grams 18k

Attachments

• 10581027_939256009424296_755220789_n.jpg
    10581027_939256009424296_755220789_n.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 1,411
Found this in England a couple years back. Definitely my oldest and best find so far.

picture.php

picture.php

I will never forget the day you found that John! I was the first to get there and got you on film, I show that off a lot! lol It's gonna be tough to top that one buddy!

Back
Top Bottom