BSA finds...

jwp1964

Forum Supporter
Hit the scout camp I have permission on last Thursday for a couple hours. Besides some clad I got an old BSA pocket knife that seems to have wood grips and 3 neck tie slides.

Also found a solid brass buckle that initially appeared to be sterling. Must be a scouting buckle?

I have been unable to get much detecting in now that hunting season has begun. Too bad because we have had amazing weather.

View attachment 331197
View attachment 331198
View attachment 331199

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Love digging Scouting items Jerry. You have an ideal location for doing so. The Knife and a couple of those slides are old ones. Congrats! Jack

There's the neckerchief slides! :thumbsup:

Cool finds, Jerry! We're dying over here with this never ending So Cal heat wave! Records breaking every day.... :no:

Best of luck on your other hunting!

HH,
Dan

Love digging Scouting items Jerry. You have an ideal location for doing so. The Knife and a couple of those slides are old ones. Congrats! Jack

Congrats on the relics, especially the buckle...nice digs!

Great finds big congrats!

There's the neckerchief slides! :thumbsup:

Cool finds, Jerry! We're dying over here with this never ending So Cal heat wave! Records breaking every day.... :no:

Best of luck on your other hunting!

HH,

Dan

Congrats on the scouting nectar. That buckle is awesome.

Thanks all. Have a bow hunter all week. Hoping to get in some MDing next week. Been a while since I've seen silver in the hole!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of my best finds from a personal basis is I found the kerchief slide I lost in 1964, my first night wearing my new uniform. I always knew where I had lost it but couldn't find it. But two years ago I went to our troop meeting spot, walked out to the spot I believed it to be and swung 4 times and got the signal. It had been buried in 4 inches of muck for 50 years.

Since then I have found 4 more slides, an Order of the Arrow medal and a God and Country medal with the ribbon still attached. Still love the Scouts.

Back
Top Bottom