Back to the old ice skating pond

shedncoin

Got back to my spot were they used to dam the creek for ice skating. Couldn't wait to get back after digging there last week even tho it gave me head to toe poison ivy. Once again the 10.5 inch DD coil didn't disappoint. Still hunted the 30 by 30' area next to the creek and still pulling clad. 5 quarters, 5 nickels, 6 dimes, and 6 pennies. Still haven't dug all the penny signals, there's too many, but I'll work on those. At one point, hit a solid 9 on the TID, so dug it figuring it would be another nickel. Turned out to be a mans wedding band! My first one, and from a piece of ground I've swung over probably 4 different times before with my other coils. The inside says 14k 88. If someone knows exactly what the "88 " stands for chime in. So all and all it was a nice hour and a half hunt.
On the down side, probably the last time I'll get there this year. With the leaves gone soon, and the new houses being built so close, my spot wont be much of a secret. One house thats under construction is only 100 yards away and on a hill 30' over the creek bottom, so secluded farm isn't so secluded anymore.

Attachments

• 20151010_203459.jpg
    20151010_203459.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 404
  • 20151010_204717.jpg
    20151010_204717.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 353
Thanks. I knew there had to be a ring there somewhere. I figured with that amount of change in the ground there would be a few more. Maybe their hiding in the penny signals.

Congrats on your first gold band! :thumbsup:

Finding gold in the turf is quite satisfying! It makes you anxious to get back out there and hunt again!

HH,
Raphis
Dan

Back
Top Bottom