Final finds 2017 from across the pond.

Doug

Elite Member
So ends the last outing for 2017.

A mixed year, some good finds along the way and some " I do not have a clue what they are finds " but with a lot of help from UK forum members and various data bases I managed to ID them.

I still have a bucket list even after all these years in the hobby so its possible I may be able to cross one or two off the the list in 2018.

HNY to my extended family across the world and I hope to see one or two of you this year on either side of the pond.

Thanks for looking..........Doug.

A selection from an early 'target field'.(military)

vWIpbx1.jpg

Spur far left (broken) base metal ring bottom right.
ykx0mAI.jpg

Broken medieval silver coin bottom right.

IBy8ISc.jpg

3rd/4th century Roman coin.
gyTCPdR.jpg

u629l8i.jpg

Buckle, single loop, single knop, AD 1250-1400.
eTlaQLL.jpg

Wow, Doug! You folks from over there always amaze me with such old finds! So impressive! Here's to your continued success in 2018 and don't forget to keep the pics coming! PS- say "hi" to Lance and Andy for me if you happen to see them :laughing::laughing:

Some great stuff! One day i want to be able to take a trip over and see if i can find some OLD STUFF!!

Wow, Doug! You folks from over there always amaze me with such old finds! So impressive! Here's to your continued success in 2018 and don't forget to keep the pics coming! PS- say "hi" to Lance and Andy for me if you happen to see them :laughing::laughing:

Thanks.

L & A, I know who they are but I don't watch the TV program. But should I come across them in a muddy field I will say hello to them from you.

Happy New Year Doug!! You ended 2017 with a BANG!!:D

Thanks Ron.

That target field drives me insane with so many targets but I do know there is some good finds in it including this gold ring.

https://finds.org.uk/database/artefacts/record/id/771105

Some great stuff! One day i want to be able to take a trip over and see if i can find some OLD STUFF!!

Thanks.

I'm sure I can find you a field if you come across.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom