Water vs. Sand detecting - Sell me on a Tesoro Sand Shark!

gumbo

Hey all,
I've had some success, particularly following hurricane Irene, on the beach. But I live in an area where there is quite a bit of wet sand, particularly at low tide, and my BH Discovery 3300 doesn't really like the wet sand. I can get the chatter to subside somewhat, but I have a feeling I'm losing a lot of depth. This detector has paid for itself three-fold since I purchased it in July...so now I'd like to try a different environment.

Anyway, what I was wondering is this - are there "better" targets in the wet sand? Do targets sink significantly deeper in it, putting older targets out of range? Will I, for instance, find more jewlery and less pull tabs? Will I still find coins, or are they for the most part located moreso on the beach? What kind of depth can I expect from a 500-700 dollar salt water detector?

I know these are somewhat vague questions, but I see all this wet sand and surf with noone detecting in it, and it just looks so "nice".

Thanks!

Tesoro Sand Shark!

Are there "better" targets in the wet sand and water? Probably. Depth with my 8' coil is averaging 15"-18" in the sand and water. Most finds are at about 9". You will get a lot of opinions, mine is that you can't find a better PI water machine at twice the price. You'll dig a lot less garbage in the wet sand and water, but you'll still dig garbage. Good Luck! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom