Possible cival war relic

zach66604

Elite Member
I found this in an area that had a military camp at one point. I have no idea what it is. Is it modern or what? The pictures are zoomed in pretty close, and the item in question is the one on the left. For scale it is about the size of a quarter. The first picture is the front of the item, and the second is the back of the item. I am not sure if the tab on the backside used to stick out, or if it has always laid flat. my hypothesis is that perhaps the tab stuck out, and the item was hammered into a pole or something, so that the side with the large eyelet would be showing.

front
picture.php

back
picture.php

Last edited:
What size are those things?

That thing on the right in the first picture looks kinda like a brake shoe pin retainer except for the extra part on the side of it. Just a guess.

What size are those things?

That thing on the right in the first picture looks kinda like a brake shoe pin retainer except for the extra part on the side of it. Just a guess.

I think the item on the right is more like a buckle for either a shoe or a belt as the strapping would go through the vertical slot on the left side of the piece, and a round disc shaped part would slide into the opening on the right sideways, then turn facing flat side forward, and lock into the groove.

Back
Top Bottom