CTX 3030 hoping to help a lady out

altereddezignz

Have a lady wanting me to help find a wedding ring that slipped off her hand as she tossed an apple to her dog a few years ago. She had lost a fair amount of weight and the ring had became to large.

She said she heard it hit a wood fence where she through the apple. They looked all around but never found it.

Any pointer. Ill be using the CTX 3030.

Thanks
Hard Arkansas soil.

I don't know enough about the CTX to be of much help with settings, other than you probably don't need to run the sensitivity very high. The ring probably won't be more than a few inches deep. If the ring is gold, concentrate on the shallower signals in that range.

Dig every non-ferrous signal in the area. You just never know where gold will come in at conductively, but it should not indicate the presence of ferrous in the ID.

Run an open screen, gold rings are like pull tabs with many different metal compositions. They can come in from foil 12-04 to 12-34 or higher? 12-34 has been the highest i have found.

Turn on ferrous coin mode I think that is the one that you will see too different targets under the coil. You can mask out everything that isnt between 11.01-14.48 If it is gold it will fall into that range

Back
Top Bottom