School yard Silver, 2 cub scout rings!!

JackalopeZL1

Elite Member
Went out today for about 3 hrs to a old school. I showed up and found another guy already there swinging wildly, Looked like he had a Makro racer, the moment he saw me he left??

Anyways I got to work and found 8 or 9 wheat's, the oldest was a 1920, A clad Half, 2 silver rings one was a cool old silver Cub Scout ring, a part of a cub scout ring and a couple Junker bling's.. Well of course all the normal clad and junk.

I also found a War nickel that was really crudded up, thick hard stuff caked on it. This is the second war nickle I have found like this, It rang up a 11/46 on the ctx.. I have found a lot of war nickels and a lot of the time they ring a few numbers off but this is the second that rung up like a quarter. Hard to get that crud that forms on them off too. Of well just rambling on..lol

Attachments

• 20161023_184634-1.jpg
    20161023_184634-1.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 355
  • 2016-10-23 19.40.43.jpg
    2016-10-23 19.40.43.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 341
  • zzil_570xN.755715738_h3bp.jpg
    zzil_570xN.755715738_h3bp.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 409
Last edited:
SWEET !
Your the second member to find a scout ring TODAY!
A bucket list ring for many ring hunters/ and BSA collectors,
and myself. CONGRATULATIONS!
Did you find them using your AT Pro, if so what did it register at?

Yea, I saw that. Same exact ring!!

Went out today for about 3 hrs to a old school. I showed up and found another guy already there swinging wildly, Looked like he had a Makro racer, the moment he saw me he left??

Anyways I got to work and found 8 or 9 wheat's, the oldest was a 1920, A clad Half, 2 silver rings one was a cool old silver Cub Scout ring, a part of a cub scout ring and a couple Junker bling's.. Well of course all the normal clad and junk.

I also found a War nickel that was really crudded up, thick hard stuff caked on it. This is the second war nickle I have found like this, It rang up a 11/46 on the ctx.. I have found a lot of war nickels and a lot of the time they ring a few numbers off but this is the second that rung up like a quarter. Hard to get that crud that forms on them off too. Of well just rambling on..lol

HA ha ha gun slinging like the old west only with detectors :lol:
you showed up and he was intimidated by the 30/30 :shock:
and he left!

I sometimes leave when too many people show up or the caretaker starts mowing, but I'd think that would be a perfect time to compare notes, unless he didn't think he was supposed to be there and thot maybe you had permission.

Nice finds by the way !!!!

How many of those slider things have you found? I want to know when I can expect to find MY scout ring !

Back
Top Bottom