Please give me your opinion on this beach scoop

johnstac

I have been shopping for a beach scoop for awhile now. I am familiar with the T-Rex and others but IMO, they are very large. I'm not a strong guy so I don't want to wear myself out within the first hour or two.

Take a look at THIS scoop and tell me what you think. Also check out the photos on the side. Do you think this scoop is just too narrow or could it work? Any opinions about it?

Looks good to me, but my opinion is of NO use on this subject since I stick to land. I know this is one of the right places to post your question, but maybe try the Beach and Water Hunting section as well so more people might see it.

I would stick to the dry sand if using that scoop. I believe most higher end scoops use 2.0 MM stainless. This is 1.5.

Looks like a great dry sand scoop..

But water hunting I think the top would peel back like a can of sardines....

<°)))>{

Also think it's shady they would use Garrett in the header title....

Should just call it a Garrett Minelab XP Tesoro stainless beach scoop...

<°)))>{

Attachments

• IMG_20160719_154605.jpg
    IMG_20160719_154605.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 260
Actually thought it was affiliated with Garrett. Also I think they are unavailable or at best shipping from Ukraine now? Idk.

Actually thought it was affiliated with Garrett. Also I think they are unavailable or at best shipping from Ukraine now? Idk.

If they had anything to do with Garrett it would be shipping from Texas...

<°)))>{

IMO that wouldn't hold up too long ...I'm pretty new at water hunting g myself but I just got a 2mm scoop for less than the one your looking at and it was bought on a Saturday and showed up monday. This thing is very stout. I'm also thinking of having a welding buddy of mine weld extra support to it. HH!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-07-27-00-46-12.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-07-27-00-46-12.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 179
I have been shopping for a beach scoop for awhile now. I am familiar with the T-Rex and others but IMO, they are very large. I'm not a strong guy so I don't want to wear myself out within the first hour or two.

Take a look at THIS scoop and tell me what you think. Also check out the photos on the side. Do you think this scoop is just too narrow or could it work? Any opinions about it?

unavailable....:wow:

Back
Top Bottom